Saint Louis at ORU

theeagleman5

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

15-7 win for the Good Guys....18 hits......nice hitting on a chilly day.....Coffey got hit around a bit....hopefully he does better next weekend vs. Pacific......So another vs. St. Louis on Monday....Wright State also??  Its not on the website yet.... ORU hosts Wichita St. on Tuesday....:shield-logo:

Eagleman, Adam said early in the broadcast that Wright State was coming in tomorrow.  They are already in Oklahoma having dropped 2 to Oklahoma St today.    I believe we play Wright State after SLU.  The game isn't on Wright State's website yet either.  Adam characterized it as "breaking news."

A lot of baseball this week which is never a bad thing.

SLU at 2 pm and Wright State at 5:30 pm, according to the ORUbaseball Twitter feed. The Raiders will come into JLJ smarting from a painful DH loss in Stillwater.  The nationally-ranked Pokes stomped them 26-3 in the opener, but Wright State had them dead to rights in the nightcap, leading 6-2 heading to the bottom of the ninth.  Of course, OSU scored four in the ninth to force extra innings and walked it off in the tenth.  Wright State will come to Tulsa winless for the season at 0-5. 

Kudos to the ORU staff for arranging a “make-up” game with a team not even on the schedule.  It will add up to seven games in eight days (Sunday to Sunday). 

Otis, love the updates here. Keep it up. I didn't get to listen to the game yesterday and I appreciate being able to come here and read the recap!

Otis, my man!!....truly a yeomans' job yesterday for us Golden Eagle Fans who were unable to follow the game....TheEagleman is also looking forward to the DH today then Wichita State tomorrow....ORU needs to get 2 of 3 here....:shield-logo:

Glad to be of service yesterday.  I'll try to keep up the good work today.  I usually try to have the game going on my iPad while I'm "working." 

TheEagleman wondering why the "late start" today.....with a DH on tap and Saint Louis clearly wanting to get out of town and we should want as much warm/daylight weather as possible.....one would think a Noon start for Game 1 with the 2nd game around 4pm.....just sayin'.....⚾:tb-blue:⚾

• Like 1

Billikens got a pair in the first but Loftin a 2 run HR in the 2nd for ORU to tie it....looks like a beautiful day in Tulsa.....:shield-logo:

• Like 1

Breeze a 2 run HR....ORU now up 5-2 in the 5th....😎

Second 2 run homer of the contest.  Loftin gets one in the 2nd to tie the game and the Golden Eagles pick up an unearned run in the same frame to make it 3-2.  What was fun about Breeze's homer was that the Golden Eagles played small ball to get Loftin to third and then Breeze crushes one.  Seeing a lot of versatility out of this offense early in the season.

After giving up 2 runs in the first AJ Archambo has settled in nicely.  He has now retired 10 consecutive SLU batters.  :shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

8-2 ORU in the 7th.....Archambo is pitching a very nice game and resting the bullpen for nightcap and tomorrow.....🍺

31 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

After giving up 2 runs in the first AJ Archambo has settled in nicely.  He has now retired 10 consecutive SLU batters.  :shield-logo:

With 4 games in 3 days Archambo does the bullpen a solid going 7 innings on 90+ pitches.  I imagine his day is done.  He should be proud of his work today.

Thats a solid home win.....next up Wright State....:shield-logo:

• Like 1