Saint Louis at ORU

theeagleman5

Billikens coming to Tulsa over the weekend for a 3 game series (weather permitting)....looks like a chilly Fri/Sat then warming up on Sunday.....Good Guys need to build on that walk off comeback win over MSU yesterday....Saint Louis lost 2 of 3 at home vs. Bowling Green and had a suspended game with SIU/Edwardsville yesterday.  This is a series ORU needs to win at home.....:shield-logo:

Series delayed until Saturday due to poor weather in Tulsa.....😮

Gonna be near 50 in Tulsa on Saturday?....is the field in bad shape?   😮

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Gonna be near 50 in Tulsa on Saturday?....is the field in bad shape?   😮

Forecast has changed.  Low 40s for Saturday, and mid 50’s for Saturday.  

2-3” of sleet and ice still on the ground.  Need to get that off or let it melt - which will make for soggy turf. 

The weather people are calling for sunny and 52 degrees at first pitch today.  A little chilly but Adam said it was <30 degrees in the bottom of the 9th against Missouri State.  If you are in Tulsa I strongly encourage you to get out to Oklahoma's best ballpark and support our Golden Eagles.  I will be there in spirit via the ORU Sports Network.

Eagleman, I expect you to be active on this forum during the game!  I need someone to talk to.  🤣

The good guys draw first blood in the bottom of the first on a Caleb Denny rbi triple off the center field wall followed by a 2 rbi triple off the right field wall by Justin Quinn.  Plus the Billikens starter starter threw around 30 pitches.

Billikens tie it up in the top of the 3rd but the Golden Eagles maintain the lead with 1 run in the bottom of the inning as Quinn picks up another RBI.  Could have gotten two but Jones was out at home as he attempted to score after Quinn got into a run down.

• Like 1

The bats are hot today friends. ORU scores 3 more in the bottom of the 4th.  I assume the board is quiet because everyone is at the game. 

Adam announced a two opponent double header tomorrow with SLU and Wright St.

• Like 1

TheEagleman just got home...keep us posted Otis!!😀

Well it has gotten a little here in the 6th with the Billikens drawing with 2 @ 8-6.  Runner on 2nd with one out. Need some insurance runs!

And just like that Denny delivers with a single up the middle to score McMurray.

As Adam said, a lot of crooked numbers for the Golden Eagles today.  ORU up 13-6 in the top of the 8th.

8 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Could have used a few of these hits last week when we stranded 20 runners on base. 

Truth

15-7 win for the Good Guys....18 hits......nice hitting on a chilly day.....Coffey got hit around a bit....hopefully he does better next weekend vs. Pacific......So another vs. St. Louis on Monday....Wright State also??  Its not on the website yet.... ORU hosts Wichita St. on Tuesday....:shield-logo:

Good win for the Eagles today! I watched most of the game on my phone.  It seems this year's team has a high ceiling and lots of potential! It's time for the ORU baseball team to go to the Word Series!