Congrats Eagles--now BEAT CLEMSON!!!

GoCocks74

We Gamecocks hope you put a licking on our overconfident rivals in the upstate, I think this will be a great pitching series that you guys can take in 3. Just FYI, here are some of the things they've said about y'all so far on their message board--not all of it is necessarily bad, some do give you credit, but here are some tidbits nonetheless:

-When asked if anyone knew anything about Oral Roberts: i thought it was an electric toothbrush

-Oral Roberts had one of the best pitchers in the nation last year. He has since graduated so I believe it would be safe to say that the pitching staff isn't as good.

-No doubt we should sweep them. Do we? Who knows its baseball. They are a good team....but we are a great team. I just don't see how we lose a 3 game series to them but it could happen.

-The Fighting Toothbrushes are #41 in the RPI through yesterday on Boyd's. That's worse than Miss. St, Elon, SC, Kansas, and WFU who are ranked between 21-40. We went 11-1 against those teams in home games this year I believe. Over a three game series Clemson has to be a HEAVY favorite at home. VERY HEAVY. If you get a chance to play a #3 seed in super you sure don't complain about it.

-When it was mentioned that you played clemsux last year in the regional championship game, one response: Roll,

My bad, I forgot and I was there.

Guess that is how much they left an impression on me.

Don't let the tiggers intimidate you, they've had an impressive run as of late but they're due for a stall. I would love to see these taters eat their words--Good luck and hopefully we'll see each other in Omaha!

GO COCKS!! GO GOLDEN EAGLES!!

P.S. You're more than welcome to come over to our board and post:

http://mb18.scout.com/fsouthcarolina19141frm18

Gotta love the "rivalry" between Clemson and So. Carolina!

I knew it existed, but surfing the boards the last few days really opens the eyes! These two HATE each other...I love it!

Thanks for the support. It would be a huge win for us (and an upset), but I also think our team has proven we can compete with highly rated teams. It should be an interesting series - it's always fun for us to get to play teams that "should sweep" us. Good luck against Georgia.

Thanks, we owe the puppies after they swept us earlier this year--pitching (especially bullpen) has been our achilles heel late this season which started when our ace was lost for the season with tommy john surgery, but I think we're finding our groove again. Has ORU been to Omaha yet? I seem to remember hearing them in it one year but I could be mistaken...

I knew it existed, but surfing the boards the last few days really opens the eyes! These two HATE each other...I love it!

Partially correct: They hate. We pity.

The Coots (as opposed to real Gamecock fans) try to live vicariously through the success others may have against Clemson -- since they have so little themselves.

Has ORU been to Omaha yet? I seem to remember hearing them in it one year but I could be mistaken...

Actually we have. It was quite a ways back. 1978 I think.

It was 1978 with #1 overall pick in the MLB draft that year Mike Moore leading the pitching staff.

Out of respect for ORU's fans and message board, I'm not going to get into a war with any taters on this board. I'll just say that if clemsux does advance to Omaha and we do as well, the 'Cocks would love another chance to knock the taters out like we did in '02. That being said, I hope to see ORU in Omaha with us.

It was 1978 with #1 overall pick in the MLB draft that year Mike Moore leading the pitching staff.

Mike Moore didn't lead our pitching staff until 1981 (but, you're right, he was the #1 overall MLB draft pick that year). It was Bill Springman that led our pitching staff in 1978 to the World Series and is the reason he is in our Hall of Fame.

Last year we had to come out of the losers bracket, so our pitching was thin. This year with a rested staff and short series, it should be fun. Also I hope the Tigers fans will remember we had bases loaded last year in the top of the 9th. The fans where nice til the game got close and then turned mean.

The fans were nice til the game got close and then turned mean.

Mean? Nwwww...but it certainly got intense. And you're right about your pitching staff. Lots of experience and depth. We've both got solid pitching staffs, a couple of strong relievers and quality coaching.

This one is likely to come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

I hate Game 2 is on ESPN-Unavailable. The rest of the country will miss a heckuva game. We'll likely throw Berken in Game 1, Faris in 2, then Cribb in 3. Am I correct that y'all will go with Jarrett in Game 1?

I hate Game 2 is on ESPN-Unavailable. The rest of the country will miss a heckuva game. We'll likely throw Berken in Game 1, Faris in 2, then Cribb in 3. Am I correct that y'all will go with Jarrett in Game 1?

Jarrett hasn't started since March 17th at UC-Irvine ... He's the ace out of the pen and could very easily pitch three times this weekend. Our rotation will more than likely be Nick Jones (Friday), Chris Ashman (Saturday), and TBA on Sunday. Depending on how the first two go, it could be anyone from Chance Chapman to Daniel Greenwalt to Erik Crichton to even Taylor McIntyre. It would probably be Chapman (like regionals) unless he has to pitch on Friday or Saturday.

Yeah, Sean is our closer, Rev. We will probably start Jones in game 1, Ashman in game 2, and i say Crichton in game 3. He showed a heckuva lot more cahones that Chance did in that final game against OSU. Walton knows their mentalities, and if he feels that Chichton will do better as a closer, then Chance Chapman will get the start.

Jarrett hasn't started since March 17th at UC-Irvine ....

To quote Carlos Mencia ... "DEE-De-DEEEEEE!"

Thanks for the update. Y'all may also see Sean Clark, depending on how much trouble your batters have with curveballers. Sean sat quietly until the ACC tourney, then smothered NC State. He pitched a complete game in the Regionals as well.

Crichton will be the first guy out of the pen in a non-save situation. (Unless the game's a blow out, then it'll be be someone else.) I think Coach Walton likes having a guy in the pen that he knows can get out of virtually any jam, like Crichton did in the 4th against OSU on Sunday.

Rev, what can you tell us about this kid that went #13 in the first round of the draft today? Who are some big bats we should watch out for in your rotation?

Coots & Taters? LMAO!

Don't hold back boys. This board needs a little 'juice'!

Did you hear the one about the 'Coot', the 'Tater', Oral Roberts, and the Pope playing golf?

i love how these chickens have already punched their ticket to omaha and they are going to a place where they were swept earlier this year..... i havent seen anyone else on this board that knew that there team was going...funny how i hadnt heard ANYTHING from the coots in weeks and now they have already packed for omaha...hey golden eagle fans that is just typical coot logic