The old enemy Covid

Keenan Henderson

17 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

With the new rules he only has to quarantine for 5 days instead of 10, so that should mean he would be able for Saturday night versus KC.

Unless he is genuinely symptomatic.  In that event, he just needs to get well first and foremost. 🙏

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, eagle88 said:

FYI Carlos was diagnosed with covid after the St Thomas game and has been in quarantine since. Hope fully he will be back soon

This raises a whole lot of interesting questions.  If Carlos tested positive soon after the St Thomas game, how in the world was he “quarantined” away from the rest of the team on the “planes, trains, and automobiles” travel itinerary from St. Paul to Macomb (flight to Chicago, bus to Peoria, overnight, bus to Macomb).  Did he complete this version of the trip, or did he return directly to Tulsa (and if so, how - in a quarantined state)?  One would think that other members of the team were exposed to Carlos sometime while he was contagious, so I assume that the frequency and quantity of testing for the team has increased in recent days.  I certainly wouldn’t want to be the assistant coach for basketball operations during the COVID era.  What a logistical nightmare!

Speaking of logistical nightmares, I'm planning a trip to the Mabee Center with ORob2 in late February for the SDSU & USD games, but I'm really nervous about making a 620+ mile trip only to have a game, or perhaps both, cancelled due to the China Virus...These are crazy times. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

This raises a whole lot of interesting questions.  If Carlos tested positive soon after the St Thomas game, how in the world was he “quarantined” away from the rest of the team on the “planes, trains, and automobiles” travel itinerary from St. Paul to Macomb (flight to Chicago, bus to Peoria, overnight, bus to Macomb).  Did he complete this version of the trip, or did he return directly to Tulsa (and if so, how - in a quarantined state)?  One would think that other members of the team were exposed to Carlos sometime while he was contagious, so I assume that the frequency and quantity of testing for the team has increased in recent days.  I certainly wouldn’t want to be the assistant coach for basketball operations during the COVID era.  What a logistical nightmare!

I think they are using bubble wrap and an oxygen tank. 

17 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Speaking of logistical nightmares, I'm planning a trip to the Mabee Center with ORob2 in late February for the SDSU & USD games, but I'm really nervous about making a 620+ mile trip only to have a game, or perhaps both, cancelled due to the China Virus...These are crazy times. 

Particularly since USD used COVID protocols to duck their second game with ORU in Vermillion last season, insuring their No. 2 seed in Sioux Falls.

I can imagine most teams in the league are not looking forward to their ORU/UMKC roadie; will just have to wait and see how many actually make the trip.