The old enemy Covid

Keenan Henderson

I would like to see a minimum number of games need for Summit Tournament eligibility. If you duck 3-4 games you shouldn't be allowed to compete.

• Upvote 1

As of December 31, 2021 the CDC is doing away with the current PCR test because they conclude it doesn't differentiate between covid and the flu. What I am sharing is on the CDC website. So now they will be coming up with other types of tests. As Aaron Rogers said recently science that cannot be questioned is propoganda.

11 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

As of December 31, 2021 the CDC is doing away with the current PCR test because they conclude it doesn't differentiate between covid and the flu. What I am sharing is on the CDC website. So now they will be coming up with other types of tests. As Aaron Rogers said recently science that cannot be questioned is propoganda.

"Free For All" forum, please...

I stated a fact not my opinion.  Seems like it is a free for all if it is not ones opinion. The fact that they are going to do away with the current pcr test is potentially a huge game changer. In other words we have no idea moving forward what the criteria for canceling games etc will be. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

I stated a fact not my opinion.  Seems like it is a free for all if it is not ones opinion. The fact that they are going to do away with the current pcr test is potentially a huge game changer. In other words we have no idea moving forward what the criteria for canceling games etc will be. 

IT'S NOT ABOUT FACT VS. OPINION - IT"S ABOUT RELEVANT SUBJECT MATTER IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM.

For crying out loud, what the heck does that post REALLY have to do with whether or not men's basketball games in the Summit League are going to be played this week or next due to COVID cancellations?

(rhetorical question, no response required...let's move on, people.)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

I am sure the people on the board will decide for themselves 

Thank heavens they always have...

• Like 1

Let's Go Golden Eagles!!!....:shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Old Titan said:

IT'S NOT ABOUT FACT VS. OPINION - IT"S ABOUT RELEVANT SUBJECT MATTER IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM.

For crying out loud, what the heck does that post REALLY have to do with ...let's move on, people.)

stripes lighten GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 12:49 PM, OKC Eagle said:

stripes lighten GIF

Eagle 88 let it go and take this to Facebook or somewhere else, please 

Edited by Otis 83
I wanted to be more polite
  • Upvote 2

I wonder if at some point there will be discussions of ANOTHER COVID hardship year for players.

Geez....players will soon have eligibility until they are 40 years old.....🙄

This updated policy is more fair and definitely makes more sense.

If I’m reading this correctly, ORU is the only school in the league who has not yet seen a disruption to their conference schedule, just two seeks into the league slate  

That doesn’t mean they’re the only school with no COVID issues:  the XDSU’s, Western, and St. Thomas have lost games only because their opponents were in protocol, not them. 

Doing everything to keep your own house in order, while hoping your opponent can do the same?  It’s like traversing a minefield…while juggling hand grenades.

My first thought was that this is great news. This solves the problem of a team "opting out" of a game and blaming it on COVID. A cancellation will be much more inconvenient this way and I think lead to a decrease in cancelled games. Which is great. 

While it solves a problem, it also could create problems and could end up being unfair for teams as the season progresses. What if you have a stack up of cancelled games due to OTHER teams and end up playing huge chunks of the season in a condensed period while other teams are getting rest between games? And this doesn't solve the problem of late season (last week or two) cancellations as tournament seeding considerations begin to affect teams desire/willingness to play games. The conference won't have the time necessary to make up the games, so teams won't be punished for skipping those games. 

There is no perfectly fair way to do it.  This is likely the best approach they can implement at this point.  There definitely could be some inequities down the road.

• Upvote 1

Here’s the kind of stuff that drives me nuts:  TU is playing poorly and mired in a losing streak, capped off by a loss Tuesday night at Memphis with their full roster available.  

Today (Wednesday) they announce they will be unable to play in Orlando vs. UCF Saturday night “because of COVID issues within their team”, but at the same time say they still expect to be OK to play at home on Wednesday, Jan. 12th vs. Temple. 

Does that add up??

The Twitter thread goes on to say that the problem is within the St. Thomas program, which presumably puts the Tommies' Saturday game with UND in jeopardy as well.

Meanwhile, any news on Carlos Jurgens?  The last team he played against was St. Thomas... 😬

FYI Carlos was diagnosed with covid after the St Thomas game and has been in quarantine since. Hope fully he will be back soon

With the new rules he only has to quarantine for 5 days instead of 10, so that should mean he would be able for Saturday night versus KC.