The old enemy Covid

Keenan Henderson

Does anybody know what the "protocalls" are? Are players only ineligible to play if they test positive or are players with "close contact" being ruled ineligible as well? I guess if they're doing the close contact rule, if anybody on the team gets it you would have "close contact" with the entire team.

So, it would seem to me that the "issues" are within the North Dakota and UMKC men's teams - and the Denver women's program.  Interesting that they were all scheduled to be home teams this weekend. and will miss the opportunity for some home wins.  This also creates some logistical challenges for the visiting teams.  For example, ORUWBB can now travel directly to Omaha for Saturday's matchup, rather than follow the Denver-Omaha-Tulsa triangle.  Although this sounds easier, making these arrangements at this late date (and cancelling the prior reservations) are a huge undertaking.

While I understand the actions that are being taken (in an abundance of caution), I am hopeful that the infected individuals will experience mild symptoms (as has been widely reported for the Omicron variant), and that league officials will be able to relax the protocols in future weeks to reflect the severity (or lack thereof) of this current strain.  There are still too many unknowns at this point, but it is possible that more data will be available in time so that there is limited impact on the final weeks of the season and the March tournament.

But that, of course, is a glass-half-full perspective. 😎 

35 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I am hopeful that the infected individuals will experience mild symptoms (as has been widely reported for the Omicron variant), and that league officials will be able to relax the protocols in future weeks to reflect the severity (or lack thereof) of this current strain.

giphy.gif

😄

Good luck

The NFL has changed their protocols pretty drastically to reflect the current variant. I would imagine we will see adjustments coming soon so that we don't see these cancellations nearly as often for the remainder of the season. 

• Upvote 1

I would like to see a minimum number of games need for Summit Tournament eligibility. If you duck 3-4 games you shouldn't be allowed to compete.

• Upvote 1

As of December 31, 2021 the CDC is doing away with the current PCR test because they conclude it doesn't differentiate between covid and the flu. What I am sharing is on the CDC website. So now they will be coming up with other types of tests. As Aaron Rogers said recently science that cannot be questioned is propoganda.

11 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

As of December 31, 2021 the CDC is doing away with the current PCR test because they conclude it doesn't differentiate between covid and the flu. What I am sharing is on the CDC website. So now they will be coming up with other types of tests. As Aaron Rogers said recently science that cannot be questioned is propoganda.

"Free For All" forum, please...

I stated a fact not my opinion.  Seems like it is a free for all if it is not ones opinion. The fact that they are going to do away with the current pcr test is potentially a huge game changer. In other words we have no idea moving forward what the criteria for canceling games etc will be. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

I stated a fact not my opinion.  Seems like it is a free for all if it is not ones opinion. The fact that they are going to do away with the current pcr test is potentially a huge game changer. In other words we have no idea moving forward what the criteria for canceling games etc will be. 

IT'S NOT ABOUT FACT VS. OPINION - IT"S ABOUT RELEVANT SUBJECT MATTER IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM.

For crying out loud, what the heck does that post REALLY have to do with whether or not men's basketball games in the Summit League are going to be played this week or next due to COVID cancellations?

(rhetorical question, no response required...let's move on, people.)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

I am sure the people on the board will decide for themselves 

Thank heavens they always have...

• Like 1

Let's Go Golden Eagles!!!....:shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Old Titan said:

IT'S NOT ABOUT FACT VS. OPINION - IT"S ABOUT RELEVANT SUBJECT MATTER IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM.

For crying out loud, what the heck does that post REALLY have to do with ...let's move on, people.)

stripes lighten GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 12:49 PM, OKC Eagle said:

stripes lighten GIF

Eagle 88 let it go and take this to Facebook or somewhere else, please 

Edited by Otis 83
I wanted to be more polite
  • Upvote 2