Rogers St. at ORU

theeagleman5

McBride had 17 points in 17 minutes.  He is a big time scorer and Max and McBride can easily put up 20 a night.  They will most likely end up being ORU's 1-2 scoring punch this year.  McBride is only a sophomore, so hopefully he is around for three years.

Herron is so exciting to watch.  Very surprised with how far long he is on the offensive end.  Knew he was long, athletic, and could rebound but did not expect him to be averaging around ten points a game.  He has pro potential in the future.

Lufile is the only inside force ORU has.  When he plays around the rim: grabbing rebounds and scoring inside then few teams can stop that.  If he stays healthy, he should be averaging around 20 minutes by conference time.

More Lufile please.....is Coach Mills watching?....maybe he is the "secret weapon" for OSU and TU.....:circle-logoi:

What's kind of weird is how there are two very different squads on this team:  the starters are smallish, perimeter-based, and "positionless" for the most part (at least no true, back-to-the-basket posts)

But then you go to the bench, and all the sudden you've got this Big Ten frontline of Clydesdales like Clover, Lufile, Plet and Herron (OK, so maybe Herron is a Friesian, as opposed to a draft horse):

black horse sand GIF

Anyway, it's a distinctly different type of team, and THAT is the lineup that went on something like a 35-5 run in the second half, with McBride and even Phipps taking advantage of the defense getting bogged down in the lane with the big boys.

Will be interesting to see how this "big" lineup fares with the XDSU's horses down low, and whether one of these guys can break into the starting lineup.

I expect to see lots of player combinations over the next several games as the coaches evaluate different lineups. It may take a while to settle into a roster that performs like they want. Lots of moving pieces. 

I think Lufile is fantastic. (I've always thought so.) The challenge for him will be to stay out of foul trouble. I guess it will depend on how the refs are calling fouls whenever he's on the court.

During the Rogers State broadcast, Adam mentioned that he was told that Herron didn’t play at UCA due to “matchup issues”.   While I have a great deal of confidence in our coaching staff, I will admit that I don’t fully understand this.  It seems to me that when my team is trailing by 17 at halftime, “matchup issues” would be the least of my concerns, especially when I am trying to find out (early in the season) what lineups might “click”. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

During the Rogers State broadcast, Adam mentioned that he was told that Herron didn’t play at UCA due to “matchup issues”.   While I have a great deal of confidence in our coaching staff, I will admit that I don’t fully understand this.  It seems to me that when my team is trailing by 17 at halftime, “matchup issues” would be the least of my concerns, especially when I am trying to find out (early in the season) what lineups might “click”. 

Interesting. The starting 5 has (in my mind) proven to be a matchup issue in each game so far this season. 

I think there were matchup issues for us because Herron wasn’t playing.  He already looks as a true freshman like he deserves 15-20 minutes per game IMHO.

• Like 1