Rogers St. at ORU

theeagleman5

Another small school coming into Mabee Center for a beating although if some of our players and still not 100% then this game could be closer than we prefer.....TheEagleman not worrying about Max just yet...he's likely not been feeling well like others on the team....hopefully Coach Mills can get the regulars some minutes on Tuesday Night and get things straightened out for the big games in the next 7 days vs. OSU and TU....just not time to panic 14 days into the season.....TheEagleman has a hard time setting the line on this one since not sure who is playing and how many minutes....but let's just say ORU -19.5......looking for a better effort vs. Rogers St and ORU pulls away in the 2nd half for a 94-70 victory.....:tb-blue:

Rogers State lost their 1st game of the season to OU 106-57. Since then they are 4-0 playing smaller colleges. Hopefully our guys are ready to play and we win decisively and our coaches start putting the players in their proper role. Go Eagles!

This game vs. RSU tonight could be a lot closer than TheEagleman predicted above if multiple regulars are still out of the line up....Rogers State clearly is no pushover and will come to play hard and win....hopefully everyone is healthy and ready to roll.....ORU needs the game action with regulars playing together before we hit the heart of the schedule and big games coming up in the next week.....GO BLUE!!....:tb-white:

Heard from a coaching friend this morning that Rogers State may be without several players tonight, due to flu-like symptoms.

Lot of that going around.... 😷  

Very interesting  the flu has magically reappeared after not hearing about one case all last year! For those that are interested i have not been sick for a number of years and i attribute it to eating as healthy as possible and daily taking viamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D3 w/K2. 

32 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Very interesting  the flu has magically reappeared after not hearing about one case all last year! For those that are interested i have not been sick for a number of years and i attribute it to eating as healthy as possible and daily taking viamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D3 w/K2. 

It's no coincidence that last winter ALL communicable diseases were down with everyone wearing masks, washing their hands, avoiding large gatherings, etc.

Makes sense that traditional bugs are back since so many folks have returned to being messy slobs. 🤒

honey boo boo sneezing GIF

Rogers State had to cancel their last game, so kind of surprised that they are even playing tonight.  Yesterday was expecting a cancelation.  Hope the players are healthy by Friday. Go ORU!

For those who worried...MAX IS BACK...😀

Good grief...this is beyond blowout. ORU has outscored the poor Hillcats 20-2 in the last 5 minutes... We need a mercy rule...😬

Well that proved a point...ORU can put the ball in the hole...McBride...geez...last 12 min was 39-8...ouch....91-31....but students must have had a blast....:tb-blue:

Best defense by ORU in years and loved the full court trap that they threw at Rogers St.  That was textbook basketball.  Best game of the short year for the Eagles so far.

There’s an old joke that, decades following the Voyager space probe being sent on its journey to the stars with its “golden record” of earth sounds, including everything from Beethoven & Bach to Frank Sinatra & Chuck Berry, a faint signal was received back from the cosmos with but one simple message:

”SEND MORE CHUCK BERRY”

Which leads me to this:  if a similar probe was launched today carrying a recording of tonight’s game, the response received back from the stars would be equally simple:

”SEND MORE ELIJAH LUFILE” 😲

• Upvote 1

Coach Mills said some positive things about how well Lufile played tonight during his postgame comments.  I think he even mentioned that Lufile is a beast or something similar to that.  

He also mentioned that this was the first time to see Max play like he did last year.  He said that Max used his quickness tonight to drive to the basket and his threat to drive opened up his 3 point shooting opportunities.  

It is nice that there appeared to be no significant injuries and the team seemed to be improved both offensively and defensively just in time for OSU and TU.

Fun game tonight! Good seeing you across the court OT! I waived but don't think you saw me. I got to talk with Max after the game and he said to me I'm getting my rhythm back. I said you sure are! He talked about playing well against OSU. Nice to see the guys play well tonight with confidence!

Defensive effort was solid tonight, and nice to see the deep end of the bench get some additional time on the court.  Sir Issac was impressive (again) and increased the team’s energy every time he entered the game.  Lufile (as mentioned previously) was a man playing among the boys.  

38 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Fun game tonight! Good seeing you across the court OT! I waived but don't think you saw me. I got to talk with Max after the game and he said to me I'm getting my rhythm back. I said you sure are! He talked about playing well against OSU. Nice to see the guys play well tonight with confidence!

LOL - Eagle88, I can barely see the players on the bench with these tired ol’ eyes!  Sorry I missed your salute.

I had HOF’er Steve Bontrager holding court next to me all game long, and I must say, he may be a popular guy, but he was absolutely NO help during the Aisle Vollleyball timeout promo. Tough loss!! 😄

It appeared last night that the pecking order for the "5" was 1) Clover 2) Herron 3) Lufile. After last night, that order needs to be reversed! Lufile has an absolute machine on the boards.  Clover seems to be light years behind the other two guys, though he has gotten quite a bit better than last year. 

I would also like to add my compliments to the defensive effort last night. Even if RSU was down a few guys, holding a team to 31 points is pretty incredible.