• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• vcboy2000

• ORUTerry

• BasPlayr

Yeah, I'll probably start posting more. They blocked MySpace at work recently :evil: , so I need to find something else to fill the time when things are slow (read - ALL SUMMER)

Here's something to chew on...

The best team of the Big 5 (Arky, OU, OSU, TU, & ORU) next year will be the Golden Eagles.

How 'bout them apples!?!?

Guest EagleBackr

The best team of the Big 5 (Arky, OU, OSU, TU, & ORU) next year will be the Golden Eagles.

Well, we'll get an idea in December, playing at both TU and Arkansas, but we can only guess about Oklahoma State SINCE THEY WON'T PLAY US!! (big weanies...) :wink:

Anytime you can kick a Dookie while he's down, i'm all for it. I say we take on OU again and have some Capel for dinner. :twisted:

Anytime you can kick a Dookie while he's down, i'm all for it. I say we take on OU again and have some Capel for dinner. :twisted:

I'll agree there. Everyone needs to do their best to continue trimming the Coack K coaching tree. I think Capel will work long term, but he's going to have a trial by fire this year. OU will get blown out of the water in the Bedlam games.

In what sport? Volleyball?

OSU is going to be darn good. I hate to admit it -- I dislike them more than you guys.

Look, Golden Troll, what I meant was "anyone who could help stop the bleeding". You guys need a lot of help in a lot of areas, including quality depth. I'm sure Coach "Whoa-Chick!" is working hard to address those areas, but let's face it - it's a pretty long laundry list of needs. Can't expect to get all you need in the next week or so.

Now - go away and have fun waiting for the official "big" news that you've finally signed that Iowa juco cast-off from Wichita State...

How long can a laundry list be in basketball? I think two of the current commits will be starting by year's end (McLean and Walls) and they'll go along with what, at the very least, looks like a nice backcourt of Reese, McDade, and Earls -- and that's without Uzoh. As you all proved with Tutt and Green, it only takes two really good new players to make the difference.

I find it funny that y'all hype up Liberty and downgrade Walls -- I think both were in the same recruiting class and left the year before WSU went to the Sweet 16 (meaning, neither is likely a slouch). Walls fits a couple of specific needs for TU, notably a vocal leader and inside scoring. Wojcik's biggest complaint last year might have been the lack of vocal leadership at TU -- we went from a bunch of loud mouth guys like Reed, Hill, and Glenn -- to a bunch of quiet, nice guys. And while everyone wants to insult the guy, Price's inside scoring has to be replaced somehow.

FYI -- Walls wasn't a "cast-off" -- WSU wanted him to stay, but we wanted to go somewhere he could play more. He went to JUCO to boost his recruiting and his team made the national semifinals. I'd rather have a player that has the competitiveness to take a risk in transferring schools than some guy that is happy on the bench his whole career.

The big news that I sat on initially was Jerome Jordan. There was information on our pay board that he had signed, but I kept in on the D/L out of respect for the great ITS staff.

Thanks for your interest in TU basketball!

Thanks for your interest in TU basketball!

Uhh...who are you talking to?

Guest EagleBackr

...it's kind of like sitting in a public place, and having the guy who hasn't bathed in a week and is arguing with himself plop down next to you - you just have to ignore him, or get up and move. The last thing you want to do is try to engage him in conversation, because you might as well be talking to a wart hog... :roll:

Or... it's like some really annoying guy that will follow you around and will join in on your conversations like it's his job, and all you can do is pray upon everything holy that he will get a clue that no one likes him and he will just shut-up and go away, or fall off of a cliff... :x

Why, I was talking to my pal, EB. That dude likes to talk TU so much that I want to make sure he gets good information. He posts about us so often that I take it he's a Golden Hurricane at heart. He might not admit it at first -- heck, it took me years to admit I liked some country -- but soon enough he'll be wearing that butt ugly TU tie dyed shirt and get "Wisdom-Faith-Service" tattoed on him.

Or... it's like some really annoying guy that will follow you around and will join in on your conversations like it's his job, and all you can do is pray upon everything holy that he will get a clue that no one likes him and he will just shut-up and go away, or fall off of a cliff... :x

Why, that's soooo sweet of you. At least I got an ORU fan to say he wants me to die. LOL! That's a first. :D

...it's kind of like sitting in a public place, and having the guy who hasn't bathed in a week and is arguing with himself plop down next to you - you just have to ignore him, or get up and move. The last thing you want to do is try to engage him in conversation, because you might as well be talking to a wart hog... :roll:

I'll withold the commentary on helping the poor and unfortunate -- I thought the whole point of a message board, aside from cheap entertainment and lively banter, was so people who really aren't likely to speak to each other can share ideas and talk sports. So, it seems only natural that someone will, out of left field, interject a point every once in awhile. And you have so much interest in my team, I just want to help ya out.