"Congratulations To ORU" (TU Basketball forum thread)

Old Titan

Really good stuff on the TU board right now. They can't believe the state of their blue blood program and can't wait to get rid of Haith. I hope they decide to pay him for another yea, just to tick those guys off. He was just AAC coach of the year last year so it wouldn't be much of a shock if they did, especially given their recent financial troubles. Not sure how many years he has left on his contract, but I am sure they don't have a ton of money lying around to buy him out. 

The concentration of delusional people on that board makes for a really fun afternoon on a slow day of work. 

11 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Really good stuff on the TU board right now. They can't believe the state of their blue blood program and can't wait to get rid of Haith. I hope they decide to pay him for another yea, just to tick those guys off. He was just AAC coach of the year last year so it wouldn't be much of a shock if they did, especially given their recent financial troubles. Not sure how many years he has left on his contract, but I am sure they don't have a ton of money lying around to buy him out. 

The concentration of delusional people on that board makes for a really fun afternoon on a slow day of work. 

This was a recent Tulsa World article on the subject: https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/tu/bill-haisten-its-decision-time-for-tu----extend-frank-haiths-contract-or/article_400a57be-7880-11eb-b5a0-97ca4181c3d2.html 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

No. 7 Tulsa falls to No. 10 Tulane 77-70 in first-round AAC tournament play this afternoon.  Golden Hurricane finishes the year 12-13 overall, 7-9 in league play.

I had forgotten that crazy ol' Ron Hunter from IUPUI coaches Tulane; he is still a hoot.

He and greg the oakland coach were fun to watch😂