Summit League Tourney Finals - ORU vs. NDSU

Old Titan

What is even more impressive about winning the tournament is that they did it without RJ and Lufile!  Two guys who most likely would have started for ORU tonight.

has to sleep on that.  man NDSU played their tails off but dont get down 25!!!!  ive never seen us get down that much.

i hope ORU plays like thier 1st half in their 1st game of NCAAS 

we will be cheering for you

• Like 1

Congratulations to ORU basketball, baseball, and soccer teams this week!

Man, woke up this morning and still can't believe what happened the past three days. 3 games in 3 days, all dakota schools(beating arguably the two toughest teams), missing 2 starters in Lufile and Glasper, KO in foul trouble all tournament and playing out of position all season against the teams opposing centers, and Max held below his season average for all 3 games. This team has guts! If the three's are falling, we could have a very interesting game in the Tournament.

• Upvote 1

After a several year hiatus from the message board I feel like such a fair weather fan coming back to post in this moment, but I must say  I’m really proud of our Golden Eagles and their performance in the Summit  League Tournament. It took a lot of grit and determination to withstand the onslaught of the bison in the second half last night. Really proud and impressed that our guys didn’t cave while under fire. I’ve sure enjoyed watching them play this season!

• Upvote 4

I really liked what Coach Mills said in the post game interview. He said KO and Max are our 2 best players and the hardest workers and when you have that you will have a good team! What a true statement !We as fans enjoy the finished product but a winning team has always paid their dues beforehand. I sure hope this team stays together next year and adds a few pieces to the mix! They will be fun to watch!

39 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I feel like such a fair weather fan coming back to post in this moment

You are ALWAYS welcome back, my friend!  We've been waiting YEARS for this day, and it's great to have you back sharing in this moment.

It's a shame that we can't travel this year to support the team at the game, but it sure beats what NDSU experienced last season.

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

After a several year hiatus from the message board I feel like such a fair weather fan coming back to post in this moment, but I must say  I’m really proud of our Golden Eagles and their performance in the Summit  League Tournament.

Great to hear from you TMH!

I am still re-living the game in my mind... the ups (lead of 25) and downs (loss of 25 point lead) were dramatic. Richman is a very good coach and normally has his team in good position. I can’t understand why Griesel had the ball on that late possession. He shot 0(!!) for 11 from inside the arc; his only made shot was a three pointer. How do you not give the ball to Kreuser? I’m glad they didn’t. 

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

After a several year hiatus from the message board I feel like such a fair weather fan coming back to post in this moment, but I must say  I’m really proud of our Golden Eagles and their performance in the Summit  League Tournament. It took a lot of grit and determination to withstand the onslaught of the bison in the second half last night. Really proud and impressed that our guys didn’t cave while under fire. I’ve sure enjoyed watching them play this season!

Good to hear from you TMH! We miss your insights - especially on the officials. Feel free to come back and contribute 

26 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I can’t understand why Griesel had the ball on that late possession. He shot 0(!!) for 11 from inside the arc; his only made shot was a three pointer. How do you not give the ball to Kresuer? I’m glad they didn’t. 

Agreed. Kreuser just about single-handedly drug them back into the game. If I was an NDSU fan, I would be furious that he wasn't the one trusted with that final shot. 

56 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

It's a shame that we can't travel this year to support the team at the game...

Is that official?  I thought I read someplace that a limited number of fans would be able to attend ... like 500 or something. 

21 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

Is that official?  I thought I read someplace that a limited number of fans would be able to attend ... like 500 or something. 

I think I saw the same thing. I might try to make the trip if we play on Friday and ticket prices aren't exorbitant. 

TMH?....damn....we thought you died....lol....God Bless you, pal....PLEASE COME BACK!!!   You are missed!...GO BLUE!!!  :tb-blue:

• Like 1

TheEagleman proudly wearing the Blue ORU Fleece today......I love it so!...😎:shield-logo:

Maybe it is to early to ask but does anyone know if their will be ORU Summit League Champ t-shirts/sweatshirts for sale?

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Maybe it is to early to ask but does anyone know if their will be ORU Summit League Champ t-shirts/sweatshirts for sale?

There are. The ORU Athletics twitter account just posted a link. About to buy a shirt for myself. 

Thanks Eagle Maniac!  Got the t-shirt with the blue logo and gray shirt.