Summit League Tourney Finals - ORU vs. NDSU

Old Titan

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Classy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoopsBison said:

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on the win. A very deserving champion, and wish you best of the luck in the tournament. Not gonna lie this one hurts as an NDSU fan.

Thanks.rocky is a stud and i knew you guys would never quit 

3 minutes ago, HoopsBison said:

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on the win. A very deserving champion, and wish you best of the luck in the tournament. Not gonna lie this one hurts as an NDSU fan.

Thanks HoopsBison. You guys played so tough in the second half and almost pulled off the massive comeback. I think your coach is a very good tactician. He made several nice adjustments at halftime 

God Bless Scott Sutton...😁

I think that our shooting was impacted by the third game in three days - and by the defensive effort put by the team. 

Coach Richman is one of the best!  The Bison showed why they have won two straight Summit League titles.  For the last 9 years either NDSU or SDSU have won the trip to the NCAA's.  This is a real breakthrough for ORU.  God is good!  Side note: Joey Brackets now has ORU matched up with two seed Houston in the first round.

Appreciate that fellas, knew our guys wouldnt quit. We have built a good culture and have high character guys who love to compete. Hopefully yall can get off the 16 line and get a favorable match up. The ability your team has shooting the ball will scare any team you play. Enjoy this though, nothing sweeter then punching your ticket!

Having 2 6’10” guys down low causes you to alter your shot on drives and eventually you start settling for jump shots.  Since we don’t rebound that well if you miss your jump shots then the momentum can turn quickly.  So glad they held on.

23 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

Thank you, OT!!!

LOL - I do what I can.

So many emotions on such a topsy-turvey night.  I'm wondering if a team has ever been held to 20 points in the first half of a game, only to score 50+ in the second half of the same game?

The game plan to defeat Dave Richman and his NDSU zombie horde is simple:  just drive a stake in their hearts, then cut off their heads, then burn the body, etc., and then maybe - MAYBE - they won't still rise up and destroy you.

Incredible grit by the Golden Eagles in finishing off three really TOUGH opponents in three straight nights.  First non-Dakota team to win the Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls since Oakland defeated ORU in the 2011 finals, and ORU's first conference tournament championship outside the state of Oklahoma since defeating Xavier in the Midwestern Collegiate Conference finals in 1983 in Chicago.

And how about my man D'Mauria Jones??  Nice few seconds there at the end:  gathers up the rebound on Lacis' block; sinks two free throws to clinch the game after shooting 48% for the season from the line, then punches the ball out of the hands of head zombie Rocky Krueser on the half-court inbounds pass.

All the guy does is stuff the stat sheet - really happy for him!!

Indiana, here they come - so happy for everyone involved in the program.  Way to go!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought it appropriate to return to the Board to pass along my congratulations to Coach Mills, the players, and the support staff on their victory tonight.  

In doing so, I read Scott Sutton’s tweet congratulating the team as well.  What a class act - reaching out to the place that treated him so horribly, a true example of turning the other cheek.  To those who would say there are no role models left in athletics, I would say - look at Scott Sutton - words and actions - the complete package.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - I do what I can.

So many emotions on such a topsy-turvey night.  I'm wondering if a team has ever been held to 20 points in the first half of a game, only to score 50+ in the second half of the same game?

The game plan to defeat Dave Richman and his NDSU zombie horde is simple:  just drive a stake in their hearts, then cut off their heads, then burn the body, etc., and then maybe - MAYBE - they won't still rise up and destroy you.

Incredible grit by the Golden Eagles in finishing off three really TOUGH opponents in three straight nights.  First non-Dakota team to win the Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls since Oakland defeated ORU in the 2011 finals, and ORU's first conference tournament championship outside the state of Oklahoma since defeating Xavier in the Midwestern Collegiate Conference finals in 1983 in Chicago.

And how about my man D'Mauria Jones??  Nice few seconds there at the end:  gathers up the rebound on Lacis' block; sinks two free throws to clinch the game after shooting 48% for the season from the line, then punches the ball out of the hands of head zombie Rocky Krueser on the half-court inbounds pass.

All the guy does is stuff the stat sheet - really happy for him!!

Indiana, here they come - so happy for everyone involved in the program.  Way to go!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Noted...

Also of note (see what I did there?), ORU's win tonight was the first time EVER that a non-Dakota school defeated a Dakota school in a Summit League final in Sioux Falls.  Oakland's back to back championships in 2010 and 2011 were over IUPUI and ORU, respectively.

Max said it, ORU basketball is back on the map!  So excited for the guys and now they get a few days off to enjoy the sweet taste of victory!

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

Noted...

Also of note (see what I did there?), ORU's win tonight was the first time EVER that a non-Dakota school defeated a Dakota school in a Summit League final in Sioux Falls.  Oakland's back to back championships in 2010 and 2011 were over IUPUI and ORU, respectively

Oh its a fantastic accomplishment by oru against the dakota juggernaut thanks for all the info

• Like 1