Summit League Tourney Finals - ORU vs. NDSU

Old Titan

I was literally praying for stops. I also thought we had lost it when Abmas missed the first free throw. What an incredible play by Lacis, and a great no call by the referee. 

TheEagleman needs a bypass!!...would have been an historic loss....but it isn't... Good Guys get it done....God Bless ORU!!🏀😁🏀

• Like 1

So glad the ref held his whistle on the block by Lacis.  That was the play of the game.  So happy for this team, the coaches, and ORU!

Way to go Eagles! My heart is still racing! Couldn't be more happy for the team, Coach Mills and the ORU family!!

What a game and what a tourney!  Hats off to the Bison for a great comeback/game.  Congrats to Coach Mills, the staff and the team.  Go Golden Eagles!

ORU and Over....$$$$$$$...🍺😁🍺

22 hours ago, Old Titan said:

So, let’s see:  I picked UND to cover vs. ORU in the first round, and the Golden Eagles won “STRAIGHT UP!!”

Then, I picked SDSU to cover vs. ORU in the semis, and ORU won “STRAIGHT UP!!”

Never mess with a streak:  Bison to cover (whatever the number may be).  #HeatCheck

Thank you, OT!!!

For all the ticky-tack calls, I am surprised that the refs swallowed their whistle on the Lacis block.  But, I’m grateful.  It was a very good defensive play - and a no-call was absolutely the right call IMHO. 

• Like 1

Very impressive run by ORU in this tournament by winning against three Dakota schools in Sioux Falls. And we played tough defense... where was that all season? And Lacis makes a defensive stop (block) to seal the win.... along with clinching free throws from a rarely used player (Jones)

• Upvote 1

Rocky K. was just unbelieveable! Give the Bison an A that second half comeback.  Lacis was announced as player of the game on the ORU Sports Network.  Great to see D Jones hit those three throws and then tip the last pass to Lacis.  Then Jones was leading them in the celebration.  That is great for the senior!  Go Coach Mills and ORU!

Just now, TrueBlue82 said:

For all the ticky-tack calls, I am surprised that the refs swallowed their whistle on the Lacis block.  But, I’m grateful.  It was a very good defensive play - and a no-call was absolutely the right call IMHO. 

The ESPN TV analyst agreed with the no call as well. 

Give Coach Mills his post season bonus. He's earned it!

So proud of the guys and coaches the past 3 nights....just amazing...in the same week ORU baseball wins 2 of 3 at LSU and ORU basketball wins the Summit Tourney.... Oh....and ORU soccer wins a pair in Denver and is ranked #16....Expect A Miracle? This week IS a friggin' MIRACLE!!!!⚾🏀⚽🙏

Jones hitting those FTs cold off the bench 💪

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on the win. A very deserving champion, and wish you best of the luck in the tournament. Not gonna lie this one hurts as an NDSU fan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kruiser was unconscious in the second half. Couldn’t make 3-pointers though. Thought he got a few calls down low, but regardless - he almost will his team to an impressive comeback win. 

1 minute ago, HoopsBison said:

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you guys on the win. A very deserving champion, and wish you best of the luck in the tournament. Not gonna lie this one hurts as an NDSU fan.

Thanks, HoopsBison. 

You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. The way you battled back showed heart. 

Wow its never easy for these guys but nice stop glad no call at the end oru is dancing🏀🏆