2020 - 21 Schedule

ORUalum

Very courageous of you to make those comments, Voice. 

I know you and everyone appreciates all that the current AD has done to make ORU Athletics relevant again after our return to DI. The facility upgrades have been incredible.

I agree with you though. It seems at times the loyalty of the department's brass is more orange and black than navy and vegas gold. As an alum, I would like to see that change. 

1 hour ago, EagleManiac said:

How is still TU getting games like that? Aren't they broke or something?

I would think that the financial considerations for this season could be significantly different than in a "normal" year, since arenas may be empty (or significantly reduced).  If this is the case, Power Five schools may be wise to schedule home-and-home series (with no payouts either way) against regional teams (with minimal travel costs), with the "away" game scheduled for this year.  Their team would play the road game this year in front of an empty arena (non-hostile environment), and then recoup a big revenue game at home next season, with no payout required.  This might explain why Arkansas at TU might make sense (at least for Arkansas).  

• Upvote 1

Now OSU's website has confirmed that they will play ORU on Dec. 8th.  That is shaping into a solid nonconference schedule: Arkansas, Missouri, OSU, and WSU.  Any word on possible home games?

Excellent road games for ORU...home games likely to be vs. UCO, Haskell, St. Gregorys and Rogers St......😬

Thanks everyone for the 411.  Hopefully our Athletic Department decides to post the OOC portion of the schedule as soon as possible.  After all, we are less than 20 days from the start of the season.  I know it is an unusual year but a little heads up on the OOC from the Athletic Department would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Excellent road games for ORU...home games likely to be vs. UCO, Haskell, St. Gregorys and Rogers St......😬

🤮

32 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Dec 12 --- TU per Kelly Hines

That would give us 5 out of about 8 or 9 games with 1 home game as of now. The ticket office said 4 home games in Non Conference Schedule when ask about the schedule for ticket purpose. Coming together for a decent Non Conference Schedule if they were right. I believe UT Arlington owes us a game and will play Ok. State on November 25th.

Glad TU is on the schedule. Would have lost any remaining respect I had for their athletic department if they stiffed us. I know many on this board don't care to try to keep them on the schedule, but for me, it's an obvious game that benefits both sides. 

• Upvote 1

So we can now assume part of the OOC will be Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Wichita State and Tulsa.  Not bad.  

This will play out just like how bad weather impacts potentially great baseball schedules each year.

Each basketball game this season will be “subject to COVID” right up to tip-off; I’m guessing there will be at least a couple of cancellations in the non-con and Lord knows how many at the conference level.  The Dakotas are leading the country right now in new coronavirus cases.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

This will play out just like how bad weather impacts potentially great baseball schedules each year.

Each basketball game this season will be “subject to COVID” right up to tip-off; I’m guessing there will be at least a couple of cancellations in the non-con and Lord knows how many at the conference level.  The Dakotas are leading the country right now in new coronavirus cases.

to your point, the game w/WSU is already up in the air...

I'm guessing WSU would elect to skip the trip to SD....and will be needing to pick up games.  Same season home and home?

This is shaping up as a really exciting OOC schedule and with TU coming to Mabee Center......The Eagleman feels that we have a decent shot of stealing a win vs. our crosstown "rivals".....:circle-logoi:

On 11/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, ORU82 said:

So we can now assume part of the OOC will be Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, Wichita State and Tulsa.  Not bad.  

Unofficial have heard that we will have 8-9 games in the OOC schedule which will include added Home schedule of Rogers State, UTA, and a cupcake like Southwestern Christian/ Central Oklahoma with game starting in November. Working to complete this week. UNOFFiCIAL same cookie monster GIF