2020 - 21 Schedule

ORUalum

Missouri State Bears are a staple on the schedule every year which is nice....always a competitive match up....let's get schools like Central Arkansas, Arkansas State and some of the Texas mid majors to sign up for home and homes......:shield-logo:

• Like 1

Still shocked about the OSU deal. Surely we would have happily agreed to a 2 for 1. I can't figure why they would settle for a 1 for 1 beyond extreme generosity. Can't figure where that generosity comes from either. 

Good to see Mo State on the schedule again. 

On 5/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, Old Titan said:

Just a couple of valid reasons why this is great news. 

This match-up is fantastic for even TU fans:  they can come out to the Mabee Center and boo BOTH teams. 🤣

This TU fan will be there!  Great non conference game at Mabee and believe it or not, I will be cheering for the Navy and Gold.

Gotta think that Mike Carter's connections to his alma mater's athletic department had something to do with it. 

Do you guys think that basketball season will be a go next year?  College football is going to start late and just wonder if that will effect basketball.  Maybe teams only schedule a few non conference games and the focus is more on the conference season.  Only play say 20 instead of 30 games because of this whole virus thing.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Do you guys think that basketball season will be a go next year?  College football is going to start late and just wonder if that will effect basketball.  Maybe teams only schedule a few non conference games and the focus is more on the conference season.  Only play say 20 instead of 30 games because of this whole virus thing.  Any thoughts?

I don't think the PAC-12 will play football (not that anyone would be able to tell otherwise).

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I could maybe see the NCAA just bailing on non-conference games all together. No Fall ball and just wait until January and start your season - maybe extend the post season farther into April a bit? But who knows. When they sent us home from work in March, I was convinced this would all blow over and we'd be back to the office in a week. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I don't think the PAC-12 will play football (not that anyone would be able to tell otherwise).

If the PAC-12 doesn't play, can anyone else really play? Hard to see the NCAA approving a season that doesn't include everyone. I would not be surprised to see all Fall sports cancelled (pushed to the Spring?). Unbelievable...

This whole thing is a joke....way overblown. Lets get back to life in June....time for Americans to revolt!😡😷😡

17 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

If the PAC-12 doesn't play, can anyone else really play? Hard to see the NCAA approving a season that doesn't include everyone. I would not be surprised to see all Fall sports cancelled (pushed to the Spring?). Unbelievable...

I could see the SEC just breaking away from the NCAA all together... there is precedent. 😄

Yeah....and let's break away from NY and California......there is precedent (1860)…..😎

• Haha 1

Based upon the recent Athletic Department zoom video, prior releases, and historical precedence, we can now pencil in 24 games for the upcoming 20-21 season:

at Missouri State (12/5)

at Wichita State (12/15)

at Oklahoma State

at Arkansas

at TCU

Tulsa

2 (at least) Home Non-D1

16 Summit Home/Away

Wonder if besides Tulsa we get any other D-I teams in Mabee during the OOC portion of the schedule?  As for additional local D-I OOC away games within busing distance the obvious Is OU or maybe SMU, Missouri or KU/K State if we are looking for money games.  If we did get OU, the question becomes when was the last time we played all of Oklahoma’s D-I mbb teams in the same season?

Seems like ORU also has a road game against UT Arlington that they missed from last year because of a schedule conflict. Anyone know if they have Houston Baptist on the road since the Eagles played them at home last year?

On 5/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, TrueBlue82 said:

Based upon the recent Athletic Department zoom video, prior releases, and historical precedence, we can now pencil in 24 games for the upcoming 20-21 season:

at Missouri State (12/5)

at Wichita State (12/15)

at Oklahoma State

at Arkansas

at TCU

Tulsa

2 (at least) Home Non-D1

16 Summit Home/Away

Also 2 games vs. 2 members from the Horizon league. 1 home and 1 away.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated schedule with 28 games (13 home, 15 away) so far:

Non-Conf Home (5):

Horizon League home (11/17 or 21)

UT Arlington (12/19)

Tulsa

2 (at least) Non-D1

Non-Conf Away (7):

at Arkansas (11/10)

Horizon League away (11/17 or 21)

at Missouri State (12/5)

at Wichita State (12/15)

at Oklahoma State

at TCU

Travel by air away (Steve Upshaw mentioned in his answers to "ten questions" that the team would be taking two non-conference airplane road trips this season, the remainder by bus.  Horizon would be the first air travel game)

Conference (8/8)

16 Summit Home/Away

• Upvote 2