2020 - 21 Schedule

ORUalum

Perhaps OSU is offering a lot less money than usual for a home game since there will be a lot fewer fans in the stands and the hold up is simply a financial discussion.  Just a guess.

With all of the big OSU fans in our athletic department, I can't understand why this game isn't getting done? It would be a good chance for our athletic staff to see their team in action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ouch....sounds like someone still has an ax to grind....but i do like it....😎

I do have an axe that still needs honing.

But, it's not on this point. Just stating fact. The moment any of them leave their posts at ORU, they'll never give a second thought about us. There is zero loyalty to ORU. 

It's not me being upset about how things were handled in my situation, it's just a simple truth. There is nobody in the athletic department that bleeds ORU blue and it shows. The house has been needed to be cleaned for quite some time. Sadly, the heir to the throne in the athletic department falls in the same boat and lacks the gravitas that Mike Carter possesses and his ability to raise money (the one thing Mike is really good at). 

It doesn't bring me any pleasure in pointing these things out. ORU is still my alma mater. ORU is still my team. But, the present and the foreseeable future is not pretty. Sadly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well said, Voice....well said.....and it makes TheEagleman sad because i do bleed ORU Blue and Gold.....😪

Maybe OSU saw that ORU is picked to finish 2nd in the Summit League and they are concerned it might not be as easy to get a 20+ point win this year.

A couple things...TheEagleman thinks ORU can give OSU a good game if we play them this fall.....so let's make it happen Mike Carter.....and yeah, Voice....I am sick and tired of alums from other schools running the show at ORU...time for an ORU grad to be AD and President....someone who "gets it" and the heritage set forth by President Roberts....also time for more ORU grads to be coaching our teams.....this has gone on WAY TOO LONG!!!!.....😡

There is a great candidate for athletic director, who is young, energetic, and loves ORU like no other. He is an alum. And, he has paid his dues in athletic administration from Virginia to California. 

But alas, the decision has already been made. We'll have the new AD in place next year and nothing will change. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

There is a great candidate for athletic director, who is young, energetic, and loves ORU like no other. He is an alum. And, he has paid his dues in athletic administration from Virginia to California. 

But alas, the decision has already been made. We'll have the new AD in place next year and nothing will change. 

Voice, are you sure nothing can or will be done? Who is the AD in place? I love your choice and believe he would be great.

1 hour ago, ORU GRAD said:

Voice, are you sure nothing can or will be done? Who is the AD in place? I love your choice and believe he would be great.

I would agree. We need an alum who CARES as the next AD. Not saying the heir apparent doesn't care or is not capable, but the choice you're speaking of would be a far superior choice for many reasons. Honestly, would he even be interested?

I wonder how much withheld donor money it would take to throw a wrench in the current progression?

(ORUGRAD) Nothing could or will be done. The big boss has already hand picked his guy and the wheels are in motion for a transition in the spring/summer. 

(MANIAC) It would take a boat load of donor money/voices, for it to happen. Sadly. And, the big money people don't really care or aren't educated enough about the intricacies of ORU athletics. 

As far as his interest...I won't speak for him. All I can tell you is that his ENTIRE life has been invested in ORU athletics. He is a grad. His parents are grads. And, they still live in Tulsa.

• Like 1

TheEagleman would love that choice and he would be perfect....why does ORU have to be run by people who could care less about its traditions....😢😬😢

15 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman would love that choice and he would be perfect....why does ORU have to be run by people who could care less about its traditions....😢😬😢

Good question. 

I'm not as plugged in as Voice and some other have been, but it seems like most of the big money that flows into ORU athletics comes from individuals that aren't ORU alums? Is that correct or no?

I would love to have an ORU alum leading our athletic program, but I don't want to sacrifice donor relationships. That could really set the program back.

1 hour ago, vcboy2000 said:

I'm not as plugged in as Voice and some other have been, but it seems like most of the big money that flows into ORU athletics comes from individuals that aren't ORU alums? Is that correct or no?

I would love to have an ORU alum leading our athletic program, but I don't want to sacrifice donor relationships. That could really set the program back.

There are some alum donors to athletics and some who are not alums.

Set the program back? Can it go back any further? When was the last time we were in the NCAA tourney? 15 years ago? Then, look at "name any sport". How many conference titles (in any sport) have we won in the past 5 years? 10 years? Other than baseball. And, even baseball has been caught by the other conference opponents. 

Don't get me wrong, the facility upgrades have been cool. But...YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. And, there hasn't been a whole lot of winning going on lately. The #1 job of an AD is to hire and develop winning coaches/programs. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

There are some alum donors to athletics and some who are not alums.

Set the program back? Can it go back any further? When was the last time we were in the NCAA tourney? 15 years ago? Then, look at "name any sport". How many conference titles (in any sport) have we won in the past 5 years? 10 years? Other than baseball. And, even baseball has been caught by the other conference opponents. 

Don't get me wrong, the facility upgrades have been cool. But...YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. And, there hasn't been a whole lot of winning going on lately. The #1 job of an AD is to hire and develop winning coaches/programs. 

Right on Voice. Maybe we could start a petition? Just a thought

7 minutes ago, ORU GRAD said:

Right on Voice. Maybe we could start a petition? Just a thought

Well, the current AD will be retiring in a few months. I don't know how effective a petition would be against the hand-picked successor, before he has officially taken over? Especially considering the big boss is solidly in his corner. 

Not to mention, the big boss hand-picked the current basketball coach, who hasn't shown any success, as of yet. If/when they decide to move on from Mills, the big boss would likely, once again, pick the next coach, as he has picked the next AD and Mills. 

The reality of the situation is, that as dysfunctional as the athletic department is, there isn't a whole lot that can be done, due to the strings pulled from above. Most universities allow the AD to run his department and if he fails, he's replaced. But, in our case, the big boss played basketball in high school 50 years ago and thinks he should make the major decisions. He also seems to have the FULL support of the guy who saved ORU financially, when Richard left.

I wish it were as simple as a petition. At this point, my only hope is that the big boss decides to retire or move on, soon. And, that the new big boss hires a great AD and let's him run the department and make the hires.

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

I wish it were as simple as a petition. At this point, my only hope is that the big boss decides to retire or move on, soon. And, that the new big boss hires a great AD and let's him run the department and make the hires.

Hear Hear!