ORU - Chicago State

TrueBlue82

Just now, EagleManiac said:

Thanks. Not a bad broadcast.

I was thinking the same thing!  The announcer does not seem familiar with Chicago State; since it’s a WAC Conference production, I wonder if he’s a hired gun simply broadcasting off the stream in a studio.

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I was thinking the same thing!  The announcer does not seem familiar with Chicago State; since it’s a WAC Conference production, I wonder if he’s a hired gun simply broadcasting off the stream in a studio.

I guess the announcer is actually at the game; I think he just said something about Paul Mills standing in front of him the whole time (lol). 

• Upvote 1

Chicago State would be lucky to pull out a win against that UCO squad we just played. Nice arena though. I thought they were hurting for money? 

Literally every time we catch the ball on the block we score or shoot free- throws....this isn't rocket science. 

• Upvote 1

Holy cow, what a half for ORU; easily their best 20 minutes of the year vs. D1 competition.

Not a whole lot of defense being played by the Cougars, and their offense looks really rusty after a 10-day lay-off. 

It’s very apparent the Eli has been working on his free throws; he’s looked great at the line. The guy could literally grow into a 18-and-8 guy in a year or so at this rate. 

This is a blowout....TheEagleman glad he didnt get a bet in....ORU may win by 40....FSU beat Chicago State by 57....😁

Man, it’s painful watching E-Man try to run.

But, he is straight ballin’ tonight, stiff-legged and all. The dude has HEART. 

toronto raptors applause GIF

Well, it's pretty obvious:  if ORU can manage to shoot 44% from three on the road this season, they could be tough to beat!  LOL

Seriously, it was one of those games like I described in an earlier post:  career-best nights behind the arc for two players were the highlight (Lazenby and Abmas 10-for-14; everyone else 1-for-11).

Very encouraging effort all the way around; celebrate all victories! (especially the ones on the road).

Lazenby looked like a mini Larry Bird tonight.  Guess he was due after struggling most of the year.  Great game on both sides of the ball. Eagles defense has improved as the year has gone on, much better than last season.

12 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I think this is probably a win  BUT I very highly doubt ORU could beat any team on the road by 16.

Well, I was 100% wrong.

Any road win is a good win. Hopefully this will carry over to the Missouri St. game.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

“Houston Baptist vs. Chicago State:  who ya got & why?”  lol

Neither team could play d but Houston Baptist has more firepower on offense.  Between them they are around 1-16 against D1 teams.  They both deserve to be on ESPN's bottom 10 list of D1 teams.

While I would still prefer that we pound it inside, at least tonight’s performance helps me understand why the coaching staff has been giving Max a green light and Ty more playing time (than he seemingly deserved) all season. 

Impressive 97-59 win at Chicago State...E-Man with 22 on one leg....lets hope he keeps getting better by Summit League time. When is the last time ORU won by 38 or more on the road?..

10 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

While I would still prefer that we pound it inside, at least tonight’s performance helps me understand why the coaching staff has been giving Max a green light and Ty more playing time (than he seemingly deserved) all season. 

Didn't get to see the game but I would like to see a replay. Did this really happen? Now watching on replay. Great, I just want to see Lazenby as to if this is him or someone else incognito. 

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Impressive 97-59 win at Chicago State...E-Man with 22 on one leg....lets hope he keeps getting better by Summit League time. When is the last time ORU won by 38 or more on the road?..

Looking at old schedules on the Golden Eagles website, ORU won by 31 at Missouri Kansas City in 2009. That is about as close as I could find in the last 15 years to last night's victory.  Even Caleb and Ken Tutt's teams did not have a big road win like yesterday.