ORU - Chicago State

TrueBlue82

ORU plays in the final game of the Summit/WAC Challenge on Tuesday with the opportunity to clinch the 19-20 title for the Summit (currently leading 4-3).  ORU opens as a 16 point favorite with an O/U of 155, which equates to an 85-69 final (rounded).  It's been a LONG time since I've seen the Eagles as a 15+ point road favorite.  Based upon our shooting woes this season and no road victories, I'd be surprised to see us hit the mid-80s or cover the spread.  I think a double digit win is possible - but I'd be very happy with just a WIN. 

Chicago State started the season very slow ( lost to Eastern Illinois by 60+ ouch) but have gotten better as the games go on ( only losing by 6-12 lately).  The Cougars give up 82 points a game and turn the ball 19 times a game, which is usually their downfall. Never easy to win on the road but Eagles win 80-74.

ORU a 16 point favorite on the road is ridiculous....we don't even know who's suiting up......😬

TheEagleman still scratching his head about ORU being -16 tonight.....Chicago State must be horrendous....Have we EVER been a 16 point favorite on the road?...highly unlikely....I agree with above....TheEagleman thinks we win but not sure I could lay 16....also, no clue if E-Man or Fuqua are playing...have they even made the trip?.....ORU 84  Chicago State 75....:tb-white::k_obanor::e_nzekwesi:

I think this is probably a win  BUT I very highly doubt ORU could beat any team on the road by 16.

5 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I think this is probably a win  BUT I very highly doubt ORU could beat any team on the road by 16.

Trying to imagine the last time an ORU team was favored by this many points in a road game.

Might have to go back to this very same opponent, back in the Mid-Con days.

Interesting nugget in this Tulsa World pregame story that I had not heard confirmed yet:  E-Man will NOT be available tonight.

Also, check out the tweet reply from some guy named "Chet" in Oklahoma City - lol.

TheEagleman was unable to access the above...why is E-Man out?....GEEZ!!!....will he miss Saturday at Mabee vs. Missouri State?....😮

Without Emmanuel, TheEagleman has to grab Chicago State and tease with the under...….will get the Cougars +22 and under 161.....🤔

Oops...it's down to 15.5 and 154.5 now......so the parlay will be CSU +21.5 and the O/U 160.5😗

49 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman was unable to access the above...why is E-Man out?....GEEZ!!!....will he miss Saturday at Mabee vs. Missouri State?....😮

Excerpt from Tulsa World story:

Notes: Oral Roberts and Chicago State will meet as part of the Summit League/WAC Challenge. … ORU is coming off back-to-back wins for the first time this season after beating Haskell and Central Oklahoma. … Senior guard Deondre Burns tallied 22 points in his last outing against UCO, bolstering his season average to 13.9. … The Golden Eagles will again be without senior forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi, who is averaging 15.8 points in five games, because of injury. … ORU, yet to win a road game this season, is 0-5 away from the Mabee Center.

Time for K.O. to show that he is still an all star player. Wonder if they rushed bringing Eman back in the Creighton game and he reinjured/injured something. 

19 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Time for K.O. to show that he is still an all star player. Wonder if they rushed bringing Eman back in the Creighton game and he reinjured/injured something. 

So many possibilities:

• Maybe he COULD play tonight if absolutely necessary, but they're hoping they won't need him so he can rest till Saturday, or...
  • He's had a setback and isn't quite ready to return, but hopefully will be good to go by Saturday, or...
  • He's still hurt, and who knows when he might be able to play again, or...
  • ...etc. etc. etc.

Bone bruises may sound benign, but they're serious, typically-chronic conditions that can take MONTHS to heal to the point where there's little or no pain, and that's assuming you're not putting stress on them during the recovery process.

Playing basketball creates the exact same conditions that caused the original injury; not exactly a formula for successful healing.

I really hope Fuqua and E-Man continuing to sit out is just precautionary for the upcoming conference season. 

Well, so much for the Tulsa World story:  trainer John Joslin said in his pregame health report that Emmanuel WILL play tonight, but that RJ and Francis are both out with ankle injuries.

NOTE:  if I hear one more coach or announcer crow about ORU's current national ranking in ANY statistical category that includes numbers from those four non-D1 games, I may punch a hole in the wall.

Would ORU rank anywhere near where they do now in those statistical categories if they hadn't played half their games against teams that have zero D1 wins?