• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• ORU Eli

• vcboy2000

• EasyTELGuy

Anyone heard anything? There is only about a week to go until the signing period. If I remember correctly, the signing period goes from April 12th to May 17th or so. Generally the players don't sign on the first day or so as they are seeing what is available scholarship-wise. Should be interesting to see what kind of additional talent we can sign. Would be nice to pick up another post player.

I can almost guarantee you that the coaching staff is working overtime to secure some players. We'll find out soon enough if their work was in vain.

I agree, where is Darrenj when we need him? It will be interesting to see if anything happens on April 12th when signing period opens. Is anyone hearing anything? I have heard that we had coaches at the National JUCO tournament in Hutchison, Kansas. That may not mean anything.... we shall see. Wonder if we have another Dallas-area recruit to pull out? We have signed a player from the Dallas metroplex for the last several years - it would great to keep that up. (Wilkerson, Barnes, Ogunoye, Tutt, Ehambe, Spicer.....)

These are a couple of visitors we have on campus for college weekend that have shown interest in Golden Eagle Athletics.

6'6 wing guard on campus with his mom for college weekend. Saw him touring the Mabee Center facilities. Spoke with his mom at a different time and she says he really wants to come here. No info on talent level or coaching interest. Saw her speaking with Dana in athletics for a while.

6'9 forward from Africa visiting with host family for college weekend. Likes the athletics part of the school. Again, not sure on talent level or level of interest by the coaches.

Thanks for the 'inside' information.... you never know who might just show up on your doorstep. Remember Earl McClellen? The story is that Bill Self 'found' him working at the Subway across from campus.

Guest darrenjj

Don't know if this old news but i am hearing that that they will sign a 6'4" juco swing that has been mentioned here before. He will sign on Wed. and they probably have 1 more guy by the end of the spring.

Hopefully the other guy is a post player.... 6'9 or 6'10" would be nice.

Guest darrenjj

You are right about Sango and it is confirmed. You had seen him this past summer, can he play the 3? Said to be a very good athlete. Turning into a very good class. Still in for a couple of big guys.

I saw him play out at Champions, so take this with that in mind: He is a legit 6'4" wing player who has a decent outside shot.... very athletic; a slasher who liked to drive to the basket. Was very active all over the court. Hard to say about his defense as they don't allow guys to play D in the summer league... :lol:

Darrenj, you say that we might be recruiting some more big guys. I have heard we might be in on another wing/guard from OKC. Since we only have one slot open, will it be first come-first served?

It couldn't be considered a true summer league if they played defense :lol: . ...Glad we got Sango. Welcome to the Golden Eagle Family, Kevin.

I agree that he is a nice pickup.... I think he will add depth on the wing:

Ehambe

Hazell

Sango

Vealy or Ogunoye (?)

BTW, his first name is Kelvin.... like the former Oklahoma coach. I think Sango is related (cousin?) to Caleb Green. I also think Adam Liberty is related to Jonathan Bluitt.