Next Year's Schedule?

ORUTerry

Does anyone have an idea about next year's schedule? I thought I saw a story about possible opponents a few days ago. Wonder if we will get to play a Texas team? I know we are trying to work on a tournament with several teams. Maybe Sean will schedule his brother.....

Granted i don't know the whole story but I don't understand why Sean would when Eddie and Scott never did.

A brotherly rivalry is a little different than a father son rivalry. Brothers want to out do each other, while you would rather respect your father. I think they might play us soon. And it certainly wouldn't hurt our RPI :)

Guest Rob Marshall
A brotherly rivalry is a little different than a father son rivalry. Brothers want to out do each other, while you would rather respect your father. I think they might play us soon. And it certainly wouldn't hurt our RPI :)

RPI = Really Pointless Information ... just ask Missouri State.

Guest EagleBackr

I assume we have home games in late November or early December with Montana (Bracket Buster return game) and Louisiana-Lafayette (return game from home-and-home deal), an away game at Tulsa in early December, a couple of road games before Christmas while Victory Christian turns the Mabee Center into a re-creation of Bethleham (complete with livestock), a Bracket Buster game in February vs. Who-Knows-Who played at Anybody's-Guess, plus our annual "money game" on the road in 12 inches of snow against someone from the Big Ten at some time around New Year's Day! :wink:

Guest darrenjj

Have to take the $$ games on the road and maybe ORU could get SMU or TCU to schedule a game next year.Probably not!! Hopefully they will get a higher profile game in the Bracket Buster next year, though Montana really looked good in the tourney!! Liberty will make a big difference at the point with his size and ability to get to the rim. King will remind everyone of Kone from Valpo except a little better at the defensive end. Need a swing that can shoot. They are already looking at a couple. I was not able to go to the game but talked to a few people that made it and they all came away very impressed with ORU both the players and the fans! After watching Missouri St. beat Stanford, they really belonged in the tourney unlike all of those Big Ten teams. I guess Billy Packer was wrong again.

I read that we are scheduling a four team tournament to be played at the Mabee Center early in the season. It would include ORU, St. Mary's, Northwestern State, and one other team.

An interesting result of your NCAA showing is that you will find it HARDER to schedule really good teams. If you play well in the tournament, the better teams want nothing to do with you, except on a 2 for 1 or neutral court basis. That's what we found, which is one of the reasons we've had trouble getting really good teams to come play us at home. Why would they want to do that when you have proven you can beat them? It will be interesting to see if you experience the same thing now that you showed well in the tournament.

We played four big-name schools this year and won one. I don't think we'll have a problem getting three or four relatively high-profile opponents next year- and I don't really see the benefit of having more than that.

An interesting result of your NCAA showing is that you will find it HARDER to schedule really good teams. If you play well in the tournament, the better teams want nothing to do with you, except on a 2 for 1 or neutral court basis. That's what we found, which is one of the reasons we've had trouble getting really good teams to come play us at home. Why would they want to do that when you have proven you can beat them? It will be interesting to see if you experience the same thing now that you showed well in the tournament

Didn't you guys play Duke at home this year? If thats not big name who is?

Na, I think last year they played Duke at "home" in Chicago which was the end of their away-home-away series. Their game at Duke this season I'm pretty sure it was the package that Scott Drew put together.

At Tulsa and Arkansas next year.

Also, I'd like to see us go to Memphis and play. Very fertile recruiting grounds in Memphis and the Tigers can't get 'em all.

Some of the greatest ORU players in our history are from Tennessee...

EV, are you saying we will be playing in Fayetteville next year? That would be great.... and a bit surprising.

I have the same question. Will the eagles be making a trip to fayetteville?