NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Agreed, but having both played and coached in those summer leagues, I can tell you (and I'm sure many of you can attest) that sprinting out on offense on EVERY POSSESSION (as opposed to walking the ball up) more than compensates for the lack of defense going the other way.  In fact, it explains the lack of defense!

Did I mention that a lot of those gyms aren't air-conditioned, either? (particularly if relegated to the loser's bracket and the always-dreadful "auxiliary gym" early on!).

Hindsight is 20/20. Pulling those three guys probably cost us the game. However, I can't fault coach for trying to get some rest to those guys. How many times have we complained about seeing the guys get gassed with 8-10 minutes left and the game slips away?

2 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Pulling those three guys probably cost us the game. However, I can't fault coach for trying to get some rest to those guys. How many times have we complained about seeing the guys get gassed with 8-10 minutes left and the game slips away?

It's not hindsight when, as he pulls them, I'm yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!" from my seat. 

I looked up at the clock to note the time when it happened, in case the inevitable happened, and was so frustrated by the final media time out that it was all I could do to stay through the bitter end.

This was a no-brainer.  Seriously; I wouldn't be going on-and-on about it if it wasn't.

You can argue all day long that is was a good or bad move.  It didn't work obviously.  But it wasn't a "no brainer".  Prior to the injuries Kearns and Eman were playing about 35 minutes a game in the tight ones.  Those two can handle it.  Unfortunately Kevin can't at this stage in his career.  He's good for about 25.  And in this case you had no Eman and Sam was coming back from missing 3 weeks.  Coach probably figured he wasn't ready to dive back in all the way.  At it were, he still logged 32.

At any rate, this loss was not a good one.  However, all hope is not lost.  I think everyone is back finally for the stretch run.