ORU Midnight Madness

ORUTerry

I like the new look. I agree that the font is a little strange. I'll be interested to see what kind of uniform designs they come up with. Overall, the timing of the change and the rollout of it seems to have been really well planned. 

It looks almost like a copy and pasted version of Creighton's updated Blue Jay and font lettering. Only with a more surprised-looking bird, for some reason.

TheEagleman is very positive about the changes....the new bird is a huge upgrade over Foghorn Leghorn....now I have to get a new winter coat....my wife bought me one for Christmas last year and it has Eli on it....ugh!....:eagles:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

It looks almost like a copy and pasted version of Creighton's updated Blue Jay and font lettering. Only with a more surprised-looking bird, for some reason.

3BDF59EB-C2FE-4AF3-84D7-9167046544FB.jpeg

CC0C5041-873E-4FDA-AB55-ECDEE96B9E7E.jpeg

I like both the logo and font, & think the younger generation will really like it.  May seem trivial, but these sort of things factor into recruiting.  Athletes want to win obviously, but they also appreciate a university that's not stuck in the 80s or 90s.  I have a son on the baseball team, and he really like the new logo, etc.

• Upvote 1

I like the logo. It is fierce and not cartoonish. Eli served its purpose but it was time for a change. The font is a step up from the Word art lettering we had previously. It can always be tweaked. 

7 minutes ago, ORUEaglesFan said:

I like both the logo and font, & think the younger generation will really like it.  May seem trivial, but these sort of things factor into recruiting.  Athletes want to win obviously, but they also appreciate a university that's not stuck in the 80s or 90s.  I have a son on the baseball team, and he really like the new logo, etc.

That’s what really matters

46 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

3BDF59EB-C2FE-4AF3-84D7-9167046544FB.jpeg

3707_creighton_blue_jays-alternate-2013.png

Well maybe not an exact copy but that's what it reminded me of lol. I think our lettering is more "original Star Trek" than anything.

they can tweak it as needed...(the bug eyed look, the font, the size proportion --- really BIG "ORU" versus small bird head)

the main thing is thing is that we have officially moved on from Eli.  my guess is they will do slight modifications in the future and add a head on view (as was mentioned above) in addition to the profile bird head.

Looks like Hampton Creative was responsible for the new design. I’m a fan of Johnny Hampton’s work and think the logo and font is a nice upgrade. Excited to get some new gear just in time for Christmas!

I'm just kidding, I like the new look (and court!). It will just take getting used to a new look

Is this why we haven't received our season tickets yet? They were waiting to unveil the new logo?

Johnny Hampton of Hampton Creative is an ORU grad as well who attended In the early 90s.  Well done Johnny!