Paul Mills Named Head Basketball Coach

Old Titan

Looks like the folks who make Baylor's facilities look so great are on their way up to Tulsa. 

20161014_112536.jpg?format=750w

20161014_112456.jpg?format=750w
  • Upvote 3

Glad to see they are coming, would be nice to see what the end product looks like.  And yes, if they are in fact "upgrading" the locker rooms for the team I believe this would be another example of our administration being "committed" to the program and to our athletic programs overall.  Go Golden Eagles!

Maybe it's time with all the changes to have Nike come up with something new, uniform wise.....maybe even throw in something with the flame!

• Upvote 1

Can we make Eli look tougher? I know...I know... I can dream though, right?

• Upvote 2

Our locker room is actually pretty nice. It was remodeled several years ago, but I guess could always use a face lift. Nice to see that the new coaching staff is trying to put their mark on things.

Bring back the flame....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ORU82 said:

And yes, if they are in fact "upgrading" the locker rooms for the team I believe this would be another example of our administration being "committed" to the program and to our athletic programs overall.

This is what I thought as well. If they do anything like what they did at Baylor, it doesn't look cheap (of course I don't really know about the cost of these things). 

Also, looking at the staff that Coach Mills has, I don't think ORU made him go cheap there. Perry and Upshaw are making the same as they did under Sutton I presume. Patterson was director of Video Operations at Baylor, so he's getting a promotion in coming here, but I don't know what kind of pay he would be getting. I doubt it's much different than Stricker was getting. Hester came from Houston, a relatively large and rich program, to a seemingly equal position here at ORU. I doubt he's taking a significant pay cut just to be at ORU. Overall, with the staff Coach Mills has hired and the D1 Design group coming in, it looks like they're giving Mills the resources to succeed at a championship level. I can't wait for the season to start! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2017 at 4:30 PM, ORUalum said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about.  Maybe some of our diehards are a little oversensitive.  Both the Sports Animal and Hoover were very fair.  The questions were not antagonistic.  Paul answered them thoroughly and didn't seem to have an issue with them.  You can't really ask Paul about individual players yet, as he's only been on job for less than a week. 

• Upvote 1

I would  presume that Coach Perry got a raise. He was the third assistant under Coach Sutton, worked his but off during interim, and has been promoted to the associate head coach (maybe out of necessity to keep him or recognition for his hard work and loyalty). Upshaw's might have stayed the same since it doesn't seem like his job title changed.  

I wouldn't be surprise if the rest of those guys took a pay cut just like Coach Mills. 

Hester's contract wasn't renewed this year by Houston (some say for performance, others say he was replaced by another coach that was bringing in a top recruit with him).  Given their head coach's history, the latter seems possible.  

As far as  Patterson goes, when your head coach is making $1 million a year it's not a stretch to see the video coordinator/ scheduler making at least $100k. 

Again, this is all speculation and conjecture. Just some thoughts to add to the discussion. 

• Upvote 2

Remodel the locker room all you want, but please don't let Nike get their hands on the uniforms. Some of those Baylor Jerseys this year were just obscene to look at. My eyes still burn.  I hate what Nike has done to college uniforms.  I too say bring back the flame. 

• Upvote 3

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, ORUalum said:

The guy is making no little plans at ORU....to borrow a slogan.

As an ORU grad you OWN that slogan, alum.  No borrowing required.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2017 at 9:50 PM, ORUIsbig said:

Remodel the locker room all you want, but please don't let Nike get their hands on the uniforms. Some of those Baylor Jerseys this year were just obscene to look at. My eyes still burn.  I hate what Nike has done to college uniforms.  I too say bring back the flame. 

Couldn't agree more. Watching Baylor in those yellow highlighter uniforms gives me a headache and a stomach ache. And one more thing. 

Bring...

back...

the...

flame!!!

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Lol.

"Rap lyrics AND Scripture?? Oh I do declare!" *Hoover fans himself*

Hoover must have fainted before he could tweet about it because I haven't seen anything. He's been using his dog whistle to talk about the OU defense not playing hard against K-State last week, but I'm sure he'll circle back before the ORU-OSU game next month.

• Upvote 1

I guess it would be just too much to ask the Lord to allow ORU to upset OSU at Stillwater next month.....yeah....not gonna happen.....:eagles:

• 2 weeks later...