2019 interest / offers

ORUalum

3 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

I think we recruited this player before he chose Southern Miss

He was scheduled to visit ORU but committed to Southern Miss. He is reopening due to the coaching change. Has two years available and transfer  JC. Here are his stats. This would be possibly a good fit.

jones.jpgORU GRAD   Do we still have one more scholarship?!?!?!

14 hours ago, ORUTerry said:
It’s UCO...

Not the first time former ORU assistant Tom Hankins has signed an Oklahoma kid to UCO that perhaps could have been a contributor at a low-major like ORU; won't be the last.

Thats because Tom Hankins knows what he is doing....😉

TU is desperately trying to hire Rod Thompson right now as an assistant. Very well liked AAU coach and great connections and of course the added benefit of bringing his son.:)

Seth Hurd is a good get for Hank. Hopefully more on the way for him.

On 4/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, djenkins said:

TU is desperately trying to hire Rod Thompson right now as an assistant. Very well liked AAU coach and great connections and of course the added benefit of bringing his son.:)

Seth Hurd is a good get for Hank. Hopefully more on the way for him.

My son played "travel ball" with & against a couple of kids that Tom signed who I thought ORU should have looked at.  They were undersized, but physical, and really knew how to play. 

I would find a place for kids like that on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

eh_twitter_normal.jpg
2019 class Greek C Dimitrios Karaiskos ('01) will visit Georgia State on April the 27th and Oral Roberts on April the 29th, per source.

I would much rather see a big with some experience to replace Smith. ?????????????ORU GRAD

Oral Roberts

(Assistant) Coach (Russell) Springmann is who I talk to the most. They offered me in the fall and came down for a home-visit. They need a big as well and see me as someone who can make a big impact for them.

…..

"I just want to be wanted. A school that sees me as a big part of their program. I would like to be playing in the NCAA Tournament one day as well. Family is important to me and I would also love to be close to family but they'll probably move with me. I only have played basketball for a little over two years 2yrs and I’ve caught on quick. It only get better from here."

34 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

DEvqU04V0AEo285.jpg

I don't want to get my hopes up but this would be huge! Great find ORU Alum

Today (Wednesday 4/17) is the first day of the "Spring Signing Period", which runs until May 15th.

Deondre Burns, the grad transfer guard from UALR, has officially signed:

ORUTerry already mentioned in a previous post that ORU recently offered this kid out of Putnam City North; he's generally regarded as the best unsigned player in Oklahoma right now.  Does he not remind you a little bit of Robert Jarvis?  Look at those arms:  long and strong!

Interesting article re: the imminent NCAA vote on the future of grad transfers in D-1 basketball and football:

https://apnews.com/e4fbc74f9e7a454bb4f83954b243271e

It's double-edged sword for low-majors like ORU:  the current rule means every fifth-year senior is vulnerable to being poached from your program if they're any good, but it also allows you to go find a grad player to plug holes in your roster, which is apparently what Paul Mills is doing this spring instead of signing high school seniors.

Lazenby is now the fourth grad transfer Mills has signed to a scholarship in two years; and is he done signing them yet?

And I wonder if ANY of them will actually complete a graduate degree at ORU?  What could/would that do (if anything) to ORU's APR score, which at 950 points when last reported in May, 2018 was already dangerously close to academic sanctions?

Any chance they signed Lazenby to be a small ball 4 man to spread the floor? I feel like we are really lacking height right now. Weaver and Lacis are both 6'8 but are probably better suited for the wing and guard positions.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Interesting article re: the imminent NCAA vote on the future of grad transfers in D-1 basketball and football:

https://apnews.com/e4fbc74f9e7a454bb4f83954b243271e

It's double-edged sword for low-majors like ORU:  the current rule means every fifth-year senior is vulnerable to being poached from your program if they're any good, but it also allows you to go find a grad player to plug holes in your roster, which is apparently what Paul Mills is doing this spring instead of signing high school seniors.

Lazenby is now the fourth grad transfer Mills has signed to a scholarship in two years; and is he done signing them yet?

And I wonder if ANY of them will actually complete a graduate degree at ORU?  What could/would that do (if anything) to ORU's APR score, which at 950 points when last reported in May, 2018 was already dangerously close to academic sanctions?

If (big if) ORU doesn't have any additional outgoing transfers the floor for next year in the Summit should be 3rd place.

• Like 1