2019 interest / offers

ORUalum

• 1 month later...

Max Ambas (point guard at Dallas Jesuit) still shows us as offering him - although he did not sign in the early period. He is well regarded and plays on a good team (currently ranked #4 in their class). We are also recruiting his teammate, Julius Marble - an athletic 6’8” player. 

Dallas Jesuit beat Plano 65 - 55 Saturday (1-5-19); ORU verbal commit, Max Abmas had 31 points. He is doing really well.

Dallas Jesuit vs. Plano Box score:  https://jesuitrangers.org/boxscore.aspx?id=4243&path=mbball

Dallas Jesuit basketball schedule:  https://jesuitrangers.org/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&

What we are going to need is a big man to replace Smith. That is a must for next year. We have most of the pieces in place if Eman stays and I hope he will to bring a title home in the Summit League. I hope Abmas commits but remember He did not sign in the fall. That to me is problematic. 

ORU GRAD

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ORU GRAD said:

I hope Abmas commits but remember He did not sign in the fall. That to me is problematic. 

ORU GRAD

This ^^^

We are also recruiting Julius Marble (6'8") from Dallas Jesuit. He is averaging 16.1 ppg and 8.9 rebounds. For some reason he only played 3 minutes in the recent game against Allen. Injured?

Here is a link to his stats for the current season:  https://jesuitrangers.org/roster.aspx?rp_id=3463&path=

6 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

What we are going to need is a big man to replace Smith. That is a must for next year. We have most of the pieces in place if Eman stays and I hope he will to bring a title home in the Summit League. I hope Abmas commits but remember He did not sign in the fall. That to me is problematic. 

ORU GRAD

Obanor's  progress would lessen the blow of losing EMan.  Gotta think Smith is more than replaceable on the grad transfer market.  Look out if EMan sticks around and one of the PGs proves to be a solid D1 PG.  ORU could get pretty good if players continue to develop and (knock on wood) stay healthy

• PG: Fuqua, Milton?, Abmas?
  • SG: Kearns, Jones?, Lacis
  • SF: Weaver, Lacis, Jones?
  • PF: EMan???, Obanor
  • C : Grad transfer, Emir

37 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

...Look out if EMan sticks around and one of the PGs proves to be a solid D1 PG.  ORU could get pretty good if players continue to develop and (knock on wood) stay healthy 

In my opinion the number one recruiting target has to be Nzekwesi. Convincing him to return for another year would be huge considering the steps he has made in the past month or so.

I don't know if it's going up against another talented forward like Obanor in practice or something the coaches have been stressing but E-Man seems to have flipped a switch - his intensity on the court is noticeably higher.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

In my opinion the number one recruiting target has to be Nzekwesi. Convincing him to return for another year would be huge considering the steps he has made in the past month or so.

Post of the year so far...

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Obanor's  progress would lessen the blow of losing EMan.  Gotta think Smith is more than replaceable on the grad transfer market.  Look out if EMan sticks around and one of the PGs proves to be a solid D1 PG.  ORU could get pretty good if players continue to develop and (knock on wood) stay healthy

• PG: Fuqua, Milton?, Abmas?
  • SG: Kearns, Jones?, Lacis
  • SF: Weaver, Lacis, Jones?
  • PF: EMan???, Obanor
  • C : Grad transfer, Emir

I'm hearing rumors that Milton is trying to transfer.......anything concrete on this rumor?

Does anyone have any details on Aidan Quinn? I believe he enrolled at semester and will redshirt this year. Will he play any next year?

Great to see this staff sign Weaver and Obanor, shows promise that they can identify talent.

1 hour ago, ORUInsider said:

I'm hearing rumors that Milton is trying to transfer.......anything concrete on this rumor?

Does anyone have any details on Aidan Quinn? I believe he enrolled at semester and will redshirt this year. Will he play any next year?

Great to see this staff sign Weaver and Obanor, shows promise that they can identify talent.

I am sure you mean D Mario Jones and not Aidan Saunders who is on the team. Am I missing something? I think maybe OT nailed it if Milton is transferring. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/01/11/basketball-replay-little-elm-boys-beat-states-fourth-ranked-team-before-postgame-altercation-state-champ-plano-girls-beat-district-9-6a-leader

scroll down a bit...

FRIDAY'S STANDOUTS

BOYS

Max Abmas, Jesuit: The Oral Roberts pledge scored 23 of his game-high 28 points in the second half as the state's third-ranked 6A team beat Plano East 57-53. For the game, Abmas made five 3-pointers, was 9 of 10 from the free throw line and grabbed six rebounds for Jesuit (20-3, 5-0 District 9-6A).

On 4/14/2017 at 4:41 PM, ORUalum said:

life goes on....

Camryn Dennis and Julian Smith

Not sure what reminded me of this particular post but does anyone know if these two are still on our radar?  I believe both are local guys.