Western Illinois at ORU

theeagleman5

SDSU swept next weekends opponent Fort Wayne so the Jacks are 6-3 and pull within 2 games of ORU....:geek:

ORU may be in a slump with just 9 runs scored in the last 4 games....but our pitchers have only given up 6 during those games....TheEagleman has to say that so far....this is the best group of Hurlers the Golden Eagles have had in the past decade.....:oru-logo:

1 hour ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The only thing I can imagine is that Hernadez (switchhitter) was walked in order to set up a righty-righty matchup and a force at any base.  If so, this is another case where overthinking got a baseball manager in trouble.

thanks TrueBlue......that has to be it.....i did not even consider that.

i can see the case for the walk now.  he knows his guy on the mound and i'm sure wanted to go with the odds.  if the strategy works no one notices and the game goes on.

back-to-back HBPs to end the game.....don't think i've ever seen that before.

The best part of that over-management sequence is after the IBB on Hernandez, and HBP on Grellner, they then bring in a lefty who immediately plunks Snypes to end the game lol.

I mean, I guess at that point you play the matchups, but what a way to end a scoreless game. I'm not a huge fan of walking guys with just a runner on 2nd anyway, maybe if there were runners on 2nd and 3rd already.

ORU lost a game to Texas a few years back on a walk-off balk, that's about the only thing that could top this.