More National Hype

Dr. Cornelius

I think you are right on. It is absolutely crucial that we have a great start. If we can punch them in the mouth right at the beginning, we could have good things in store. Even if we keep them tame to begin the game and build on that, we could have a chance to win.

MabeeJ, I think we need to be prepared to absorb some body blows without going down, because Memphis is capable of, and absolutely will, deliver a few.

Think, Rocky. Knocked down but comes up swinging, telling the champ to "give me your best shot".

I don't think we can count on getting them down early - if we do, great, but if not we can't lose confidence or let it change our play - we've got to stop the run, then work our way back into the game.

At least that's my theory.

i totally agree tmh8286. The key will be surviving late into the game, and letting the nerves of memphis take over towards the middle of the second half when oru makes a run at them and they start to feel some panic.

A basketball game is a series of ebbs and flows..... limit your ebbs and maximize your flows. Memphis will deliver several body blows; they are athletic and very talented. The key is not to get rattled and stay within close distance.

BTW, I was just watching the promotional commercial for the play-in game between Hampton (nice hotel) and Monmouth and guess who I saw? The shots of Monmouth were from the Alaska Shoot-out and they showed Mickey, Larry and Jonathan. The love just keeps coming....

I know we are all hoping for the upset, but we know deep down the odds are long. In the meantime, I'll take all the publicity we can get.

Yes. Even if Memphis somehow beats us, I know our guys will play great which will garner even more national attention/recruiting ops. As much as I can't wait for the game this Friday!, I can honestly say I'm extremely jazzed about next year...much more than I was last year for this year...