Strategy and Tactics....

ORUTerry

Who will guard Caleb?

From what I've heard Joey Dorsey probably isn't their best choice. So I'm wondering if it will be Carney? Does anyone know who their best post defender is?

Who will guard Caleb?

From what I've heard Joey Dorsey probably isn't their best choice. So I'm wondering if it will be Carney? Does anyone know who their best post defender is?

Shawne Williams is 6'9" and shut down Adam Morrison for the last nine and a half minutes of the zags game. Carney is a great defender but you may see Shawne Williams on that guy.

Great points all around. Rob hit the nail on the head with saying we can't allow easy baskets. This team makes a living off getting easy buckets. A HUGE key IMO is that we limit their second chance baskets. If we rebound like we did against Western, it could be a long night. We must box out and keep them off the boards if we want any chance. Riouse could hit 20 3's but if we don't hit the boards, we will be toast.

I don't want to be glass half empty guy here but it is important to remember how good Memphis is. The first time I watched them on TV this year I was telling everybody that they are going to win the national title. They are an amazing sight to see -- Terry was right when he said we have to play perfectly and they have to play poorly for us to have a chance. Another thing is that they are going to come in with a chip on their shoulder because of how disrespected they have been this week. I think I have yet to see them on anyone's final four. They will be ready to play -- hopefully that translates into some nerves and tight play.

Okay, what do you think ORU has to do to be in a position to make the game close?

Pray hard, play hard and hope the flu hits Memphis tomorrow.

Hope u guys can win and you do sound like u think u can. Have u seen Memphis play?

They will be ready...

I know some ORU fans that went to the TU-Memphis game in town. Memphis looked good, but we can compete. We'll need some Arkansas fans to cheer us on. Maybe we should start posting on the Arkansas boards so we can recruit some fans. They hate Memphis!

Hope u guys can win and you do sound like u think u can. Have u seen Memphis play?

They will be ready...

Now, Arkansas, what kind of fans would we be if two days before our team is to play the biggest game in twenty two years we were shaking in our boots and saying, "We're going to get killed!"? Any time we play we hope we'll win.

The reality is, our team has a daunting task ahead. I think we all understand that. Don't try to read too much into what we're saying.

We will, of course, be thrilled with a win. But I'll still be very happy if we don't. This is a great opportunity for us, and I plan to enjoy it, win or lose.

They will be ready...

I saw Memphis play Tulsa. The most athletic college team that I have ever seen. Hopefully the young kids on that team over look us. We'll have to play the game of our lives, but all things are possible.

Guest darrenjj

Bluitt has to play like he did against Valpo for ORU to stay close. Hopefully Caleb can get Williams in foul trouble and yes they are going to play some zone and see if Memphis can shoot them out of it. That is how Texas was able to beat them this year. You will be amazed at some of the things that their athletes do both good and bad! Washington is not a true point but Carney and Williams are both lottery picks. Will be the most talented team ORU has played in many of years. Low turnovers and rebounding are the keys! Micky will have a hard time matching up with that team. All the Ark. fans will defintetly be on the ORU side for this game.