DING DONG...

ORU Eli

Go ahead and laugh if you think it's laughable. The fact that you can't even recognize what it wrong with this situation says volumes about your lack of faith and integrity. Real people of faith take valid rebukes seriously and seek repentance and change their ways. You are too far gone to even see that you have sinned. That's sad, not paranoid.

I hope all of you are happy. Since you won't fight with him Rick is all over us on the Valpo board now. He just won't understand that the best team normally wins, no matter where the game is played. The fact that this doesn't happen 100% of the time is why sports is so exciting and fascinating. Anyway, he's calling me names now, so I hope you are happy with yourselves. If you would have played with him, you'd have saved all of us poor Valpo fans...... :lol:

That's the best news I've heard today...

Thank you, sir.

Not so fast. The sin Rick identified was NOT that the tourney was in Tulsa, but that you folks see nothing wrong with having it in Tulsa. I'm not saying he's right, but let's at least respond to what he said, not what he didn't say.

It's right there in Tmh's quote.

I don't have a problem with the tournament being in Tulsa! FOREVER!!

I also do not have a problem if RICK wants to buy the tourney to have it in Valpo land.

So, if i understand correctly, Rick is accusing ORU people of being sinners because the tournament is in tulsa and they see nothing wrong with it? Texasgrip's feeling is that he is not comfortable with Rick's theology that as an ORU fan, Texasgrip is a sinner because the tournament is in tulsa and he is ok with it. What am I missing?? Rick accused ORU fans of not having faith and being sinners because they are ok with the tournament staying in tulsa. ORU fans obviously don't like it that Rick has taken this position. Seems fairly cut and dry.

You nailed it, alan, but when I read what you wrote there is an absurdity about it that is hard for me to get my arms around.

Since I unintentionally became the lightning rod for this on the Valpo board, I just wanted to apologize for the things that have been said. Whether or not I (or Rick) agrees with the theology of the Robert's, it has NOTHING to do with where the tournament is played. I mistakenly tried to reason with Rick about this, but that didn't work for me either. It's pretty obvious that he has a problem with the Robert's teachings that goes way beyond basketball. Of course, he won't admit that. At any rate, from one Valpo fan, I want to apologize. I'm sure you realize that this not the view of most of us. Good luck Friday afternoon. I hope you make history.

I agree, it was difficult for me to try to prepare a synopsis of the particulars of the argument without entering into the realm of absurdity. Tried to keep it "non-absurd", but it just wasn't possible. Not sure how Stl VU fan is attempting to claim that Rick did not call all ORU fans sinners. Obviously if you are an ORU fan, and the mid-con tournament is in tulsa, you are going to be ok with it, and so you are sinning in your willingness to allow the tournament to stay in tulsa........... according to Rick's position. intersting. little bit crazy. but interesting still.