DING DONG...

ORU Eli

I'm a little bummed ...and watching for a new moniker to pop up anytime.

I know he says things that really piss you off so you reply to tell him why he is wrong, but we have to stop that. My opinion is that whenever he comes on, just ignore him. After a while he will probably try to start some "harmless" conversation, heck, he may even compliment us, but we all know where it leads. Please, please, please do not respond to anything he says. The problem will be gone soon after.

You have eaglebacker and we have valporick....want to trade?

Nah...me neither

One thing you have to admit about both, whether we agree or not with their points of view, they are passionate. Sometimes too passionate, but passionate nonetheless

Agreed.

But Backr is clever and witty. Rick is not.

Backr is a tool. Rick is passionate.

:shock: Hey, no cussing.

Guest EagleBackr

...I'm sorry - which toothless-beer-gut-haven't-bathed-in-days-refugee-from-a-trailer-park-in-a-stained-yellow-Valpo-t-shirt were YOU at the UMAC this past weekend? :wink:

I would venture that both are very passionate fans, and Stl VU Fan's reply is very funny...plus, whats an argument without an antagonist? What would be left to debate over?

I would venture that both are very passionate fans, and Stl VU Fan's reply is very funny...plus, whats an argument without an antagonist? What would be left to debate over?

It wasn't meant to be funny. Backr - and he has said so more than once - has one purpose in raising arguments: to get other people to fight it out with each other while he sits back and watch.

You folks may not believe it, but Rick is sincere most of the time. Backr isn't. I prefer Rick.

You folks may not believe it, but Rick is sincere most of the time. Backr isn't. I prefer Rick.

Backr is entertaining (and a necessary presence) and I've enjoyed jabbing with Rick...I just can't handle his theology that as an ORU fan, I'm a sinner because the Mid-Con tourney is in Tulsa. If he's sincere in that regard, then I prefer not to hear what he has to say...and it's not because I feel convicted.

Just something to keep in mind that I realized this morning.

How much money would the tourney make for the conference if ORU men's team were to lose in the 1st or 2nd round?

We don't know yet until it actually happens, but I begin to see why Rick sees a hint of collusion there, or at least mutually perpetuating prophecies :wink: It's a very weak case of course because it was the ORU players and coaches who did what it took to be good enough to get to the championship game through hard work and discipline (and again, Rick has granted that premise from day 1). But it is food for thought, nonetheless....

Comparing it to the 2 years at Kemper is a bit of apples vs. oranges, simply because we'll never know how much money the conference would have made if UMKC had made it to the championship game in one or both tourneys.

All I'm saying is that maybe the jury is still out on this question (though my previous ruling still stands on the culpability of ORU itself).

Good point but the problem with the argument is that the majority of sales are done as pre sales. The ticket sales are sold in the prepackages for all sessions. That alone makes more money than the other sites.

Good point but the problem with the argument is that the majority of sales are done as pre sales. The ticket sales are sold in the prepackages for all sessions. That alone makes more money than the other sites.

Can we compare presales between Kemper and the UMAC? Does anyone have those figures?

If what you say is true, then that's a good point as well.

I wonder how much of that advantage depends on the VIP sales, none of which were offered at the other sites. That should give other potential bidders something to think about.

Backr is entertaining

Not to me he isn't. The inconsistent sincerity on-off switch gets in the way of any entertainment value I can see.

(and a necessary presence)

Why?

and I've enjoyed jabbing with Rick...I just can't handle his theology that as an ORU fan, I'm a sinner because the Mid-Con tourney is in Tulsa.

That's not what he said.