Chi Chi Gonzalez call up?

ORUalum

Ouch!...Hamels pitched fairly well...but those 3 errors in the same inning was a killer.....maybe next year, Texas fans.....:rolleyes:

Mets heading to the WS for the first time in 15 years....TheEagleman isn't happy about that but I have to grudgingly admit that the Mets are very good with all that young pitching and Murphy hitting home runs at a record clip....The Royals have a 3-2 lead over Toronto and heading home for hopefully the clinching win....should be a good WS regardless of which team gets in.....:blink:

Let's go ROYALS!!!!....:unsure:

KC wins the series, 4 games to 1.....The Mets lose again....such a shame.....:P

• 9 months later...

Trade a year ago has been good for both teams....Jared Eickoff has been strong in our rotation as has Vince Velesquez...both are probably not aces but look to be 2 or 3 guys...and rookie C Jorge Alfaro is tearing it up at AAA and will be up with the Phillies soon.....Nick Williams OF has been spotty at AAA but has potential...looks like we got 3 maybe 4 good prospects for Cole....but TheEagleman loves Hamels...the guy is a winner....always will root for him and hope he wins the Cy Young!!!...:clap:

Cole has officially become my favorite Ranger this year although my 10 year old is still partial to Darvish and Beltre. 

Cole Hamels is a good guy and a true professional....he is a fine family man also and was very active in the Philly community with his charity work. His wife was a contestant on Survivor a few years back....he's originally from Southern California.....some day he will be inducted into the Phillies Wall of Fame. #35 is one of TheEaglemans' all time favorites especially for his 2008 World Series MVP year.....:clap:

Pretty amazing that the Rangers were able to make the deal for Hamels, and then get Lucroy, Jeffress and Beltran while keeping most of their top young talent/prospects.

The Phillies have solid young talent with their starting pitching-- Velasquez, Eickhoff, Hellickson and Nola. Philly has been competitive this year and could be really good in the next couple of years.

Yes...the Phils are rebuilding and perhaps 2018 might be ready to contend if some of these young guns continue to improve...I think we also got Jake Thompson in the Hamels deal and he was brought up to start when Nola got hurt....he pitched well last night in a close loss to the Nationals.....So next year's rotation of Hellickson, Nola, Eickoff, Velesquez and Thompson is very impressive...all under 25 except for Hellickson the old man at 29.......Tommy Joseph from the Hunter Pence deal 3 yrs ago is finally healthy and paying off at first base...he can hit the long ball....Phils have a lot of young power in A, AA and AAA.....the future looks bright....but the future is now for Texas....TheEagleman will be a Rangers fan in the playoffs!....;)

• 1 month later...

Well, the Rangers lose in a sweep to the Blue Jays. Again, starting pitching depth probably was the Rangers undoing. Having an ace like Hamels is great if you have quality starters to back him up. Lewis and Holland will never again be the same pitchers, and it may be next year before Darvish is back to his pre-Tommy John level (if at all).

Actually, Toronto is a good example. Getting quality starts from a healthy Estrada, Happ, Sanchez and possibly Stroman makes them a tougher out than just having David Price in last years playoffs.

Texas' run differential through the regular season and playoffs was -4. The average for the other division champions was +155.

TheEagleman is very disappointed in the Rangers and obviously Hamels came up small in Game 1....J.A, Happ?...lol....he was a #5 starter for the Phillies about 5 years ago....I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the American League....can you imagine an Indians-Cubs World Series...that would be amazing.....one of those streaks gets broken....B)

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is very disappointed in the Rangers and obviously Hamels came up small in Game 1....J.A, Happ?...lol....he was a #5 starter for the Phillies about 5 years ago....I will be rooting for the Cleveland Indians to win the American League....can you imagine an Indians-Cubs World Series...that would be amazing.....one of those streaks gets broken....B)

I know! And I think we got JA Happ here in Houston for Roy Oswalt, back when the Astros were just giving away all of their vets to the Phillies lol. The next season, Happ's record was like 4-15 with an ERA over 5.00. Now he's a 20-game winner and might be in the AL Cy Young conversation. Rick Porcello could also win it, another guy who hasn't had a great career up until this year. 

LOL, Maniac....Happ had a decent rookie year for the Phillies back in the World Series year of 2009....he was part of the Roy Oswalt deal with Houston and honestly, TheEagleman was sad to see us give him up for a one and done like Roy....but then Happ had multiple mediocre injury-plagued years with Houston and Toronto and looked to be a journeyman...now he's a stud...go figure.....but Happ is a very steady guy....not gonna get flustered in a big game....so the Indians finished off the Bosox last night setting up Toronto vs. Cleveland.....and the Cubs and Nationals both have 2-1 leads in the National League.....some great baseball has been played....lots more to come....:lol:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are just one Chicago victory away from Cubs vs. Indians in the World Series.....the former hasn't won it since 1908 and the latter since 1948.....one of those streaks will have to end......should be an exciting week for two baseball cities that haven't experienced much winning over the past century.......:D

Wild Thing....you make my heart sing.....Cubbies vs. Tribe starting tomorrow night......somebody is gonna end a very long streak......:lol:

Go Cubbies!!

Best Cubs team in my lifetime - including the 1969 team with Ron Santo, Billy Williams, Ernie Banks, and Fergie Jenkins.

Will be in Cleveland Wednesday night rooting on the Cubs, thanks to the generosity of my kids gifting me the tickets.  An unbelievable experience for a Cubs fan, and a very humbling event for a Dad.

• Upvote 2