How do you get tickets to the Tournament game?

Lyndell

March 8, 2006

Dear Golden Eagle Fan,

As you know, the ORU Men?s Basketball Team completed their ?Unfinished Business? by winning the 2006 Mid-Continent Conference Tournament Tuesday night! With the victory, the Golden Eagles will advance to the 2006 NCAA Tournament.

The Golden Eagles invite you to celebrate their trip to the NCAA Tournament and find out their first round destination. Please join us for a Selection Sunday Watch Party, Sunday afternoon in the Mabee Center Practice Gym. Space is limited, so please arrive early! Doors will open at 4:00 p.m., while the Selection Show gets underway at 5:00 p.m. Everyone attending will need to enter through the Southeast Security Entrance of the Mabee Center.

Additionally, ORU Athletics will have a limited number of NCAA First/Second Round tickets available. These tickets will be distributed based on a Priority Points System, while supplies last. Price structures vary by location, but range from $45 to $60 per session. The eight cities hosting First/Second Round games are Greensboro, NC; Jacksonville, FL; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; Dayton, OH; Philadelphia, PA; Dallas, TX; and Detroit, MI.

Information on complete travel packages that include transportation, lodging, and game tickets will be available at Sunday?s Watch Party or by calling the athletic department on Monday.

If you are interested in purchasing First/Second Round Tickets for any of these locations, please contact Alexi Powell via phone at 495-7151 or e-mail at apowell@oru.edu NO LATER THAN NOON MONDAY, MARCH 13. Again, we cannot guarantee your request because of the limited number of tickets available. However, please let us know what locations you would be interested in attending and we will do our best to fulfill your request.

Go Golden Eagles!

Lyndell, the above is the only avenue available through the school at this point. After Selection Sunday tomorrow, you can go out to eBay and buy a ticket or see if a TicketMaster type company is selling any from their inventory. Otherwise, just go down there and buy one off the street. Hope that helps...

I'm not sure, but at one point had heard that it would be based on # of years as a season ticket holder, level of memberships (Champions Club, Gold & Silver, etc) With so few tickets available I think the tickets will go to long time season ticket holders at the 3 highest levels.

I assume based on Golden Eagle Club level (Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.) as well as Champions Club.

I would sure like to see the Maniacs there, they would really make ORU's presence known. Loud and Proud!!!

How do you get tickets to the Tournament game? Would the best bet be to call the ORU ticket office?

Just walk up to the arena before the game. There will be PLENTY of scalpers selling tickets, I can promise you.

there are still tickets available at the american airlines center. $150/ticket plus $8 handling fee.

I'm looking forward to the game against Arkansas, always love beating the Hogs.

I'm looking forward to the game against Arkansas, always love beating the Hogs.

I think we need to be careful about looking past Memphis. They do actually have some small chance of beating us.

I think we need to be careful about looking past Memphis. They do actually have some small chance of beating us.

I have argued that ORU should have been a 14, preferably a 13 seed. You have a good team and although there has never been, IIRC, a 16 seed that has won a game in the NCAA tourney, if it is going to happen, it just might happen this year with ORU.

Now I certainly don't want that to happen because it will create a new "history" in the NCAA, will overshadow "the shot," and will improve your recruiting chances. I don't want any of that to happen.!!

I don't think it will overshadow the shot. I know that I will never forget Bryce Drew's shot. And I don't think that CBS will ever stop showing it, along with Tyus Edney's drive, and Laettner's 17 footer. I cannot get enough of a Mid-Con team upsetting a higher seed in the tourney.

I don't think it will overshadow the shot. I know that I will never forget Bryce Drew's shot. And I don't think that CBS will ever stop showing it, along with Tyus Edney's drive, and Laettner's 17 footer. I cannot get enough of a Mid-Con team upsetting a higher seed in the tourney.

I'm not so sure about that myself. There have been plenty of buzzer beaters and plenty of 13-4 upsets, but the first ever 16-1 upset would be truly monumental.

I will say that I think "The Shot" - other than winning the ESPY that year has already been overshadowed some since the Laettner shot consistently ranks higher in polls involving the public and even pundits, mostly because that was in the sweet 16 or the elite 8 or however deep it was. I personally think 'The Shot" was clearly more impressive than the Laettner shot if you just grade buzzer beaters without bringing in tourney run context. Duke had a timeout, UK played the wrong defense, and there was no need for a second pass. Valpo had no timeout, had to make two passes, and everybody knew Drew was the primary choice to shoot it. No contest in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't carry any weight at ESPN or CBS or with any of the so-called "experts".

I'm with you praetor (are you Romulan by any chance?), I would love to see ORU beat Memphis. I think Billy Packer and his ilk would foam at the mouth trying to make sure that could never happen again, and I'd dearly love to see him try and fail miserably.

He and Jim Nance threw a temper tantrum (as usual) tonight over the fact that the MO Valley got the same number of bids that the ACC got. The head of the selection committee smacked him down hard on national TV and I loved every second of it. :twisted: