Things I Can't Wait To See

Guest EagleBackr

Guest EagleBackr

...I want to see the reaction on the players' faces when ORU's name and first-round opponent are announced at the watch party on the Mabee Center practice floor on Selection Sunday...

...I want to see the thumbnail description of the Golden Eagles, along with every team in the field, in that big centerfold spread in "USA Today" the Monday after the bracket is announced....

...I want to think about how two guys in a Wall Street penthouse office, or on the first tee of a golf course in Arizona, or during a lunch break on a construction site in Chicago will spend a minute or two of their day Monday arguing the merits of picking ORU for a first-round upset in their basketball pool...

...I want to see Ken Tutt's picture among 64 others in the montage on the cover of Sports Illustrated's "March Madness" issue...

...I want to tune into ESPN and listen to Jay Bilas, or Doug Gottlieb, or Digger, or Dickey V. spend maybe just A FEW SECONDS discussing ORU making the tournament field...

... I want my friends from TU, and OU, and OSU calling me to see if I know anywhere they can score some NCAA tickets to ORU's first-round game...

...and finally, I want to turn on my TV on game day, and tune it to CBS, and hear that familiar NCAA theme music, and hear someone like Vern Lundquist saying , "Welcome to The American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, and today's first round match-up between the Mid-Continent Conference Champion Oral Roberts University Golden Eagles, and the Big XII tournament champion Jayhawks of the University of Kansas."

...just like Dickey V. says: "IT'S AWESOME, BABY!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!"