Well-wishes from the TU faithful

tmh8286

I hope Sutton would stay but the larger leagues do offer more $ and fewer recruiting barriers. Honestly I think that Scott could wait for a better job than K. St. to open up. The University would be crazy not to offer Coach Williams the job if Sutton did leave... the number of guys with NBA rings is slim.

One of those articles stated that they had been paying their previous coach, Jim Wooldridge, $650,000/year, and they said they'd be "willing to bump it up for the right person." That's a pretty powerful lure for a young coach.

The poster on the TU board says the staff has already made a visit to Kansas St. I dunno if I believe that.

IF, and that is a BIG IF, it is true, KSU probably send a private jet down and easily could have taken the entire staff. However, that assumes that they would all be interested in making the move.

It's hard to know how much credence to put in Red Dirt's report.

Guest Baron

I live in the KC area and have not heard Sutton's name mentioned. He would be crazy to take the job. With the retirement of Bill Snyder, the athletic department is in turmoil, coupled with the general corruption that exists there, I cannot envision it being a good fit.

However, money does talk, and can influence an individual to make a bad decision. What is ORU doing to try to keep him in the fold?

Personally with Tutt and Green coming back, I view next year as a more appropriate year for him to be looking for a new job.

Red Dirt has been known to try & make up rumors in the past with nothing to base them on. This appears to be more of the same.

Red Dirt has been known to try & make up rumors in the past with nothing to base them on. This appears to be more of the same.

If you get him into a dialogue, you can pretty much figure him out.

"Grain of salt" folks, grain of salt.

BTW, congratulations on accomplishing so many things.

The team is dancing. The monkey is off their back. Last season will be all but forgotten by next fall. And you now have something else to try and quiet some of the negativism in Tulsa.

Make Tulsa proud. We'll be watching your guys.