ORU is KILLING IT in Fall Recruiting

Old Titan

a tough break for Kris Martin.   Kimball has been under scrutiny for several years going back to the transfer of Keith Frazier.  the local media has been all over DISD schools (and Prime Prep) for transfers/recruiting of high school players.  i'm not saying that is the situation here.  the Kimball coach (Snoop Johnson) was forced to resign this past summer for making a threat on twitter after his father and brother were fired from DISD positions.....LINK

Kimball's title defense took a hit today. Transfers Kris Martin, Christian Davis (both D1 signees) ruled ineligible by 13-5A DEC. #txhshoops

— Corbett Smith (@corbettsmithDMN)

November 21, 2014

6-5 F Martin signed with Oral Roberts, 6-6 F Davis signed with Arkansas State. Checking on if they'll appeal to SEC. Stay tuned. #txhshoops

— Corbett Smith (@corbettsmithDMN)

November 21, 2014

You know, it pains me to say this, but in this age of AAU ball starting in March and running through August, is missing 25 high school games in the winter going to hurt his skills that much?

As long as he gets his school work done, I don't see a huge problem here with him playing at ORU next season.  Similar to if he sat out his senior year with an injury, only in this case he's still physically whole.

But it's tragic, nonetheless.  If he's ineligible, I doubt he can practice with the team or take part in any team activities.  Has to be devastating in that regard.

• Upvote 1

details of the hearing and issues involved with the transfer......a tweet seemed to sink Martin's chances.

Kimball Basketball Loses Two Starters to Dallas ISD's Recruiting Crackdown

like OT mentioned above, it does not appear any of this affects his college career.  the transfer was denied and will only cost him the chance to play his senior year of HS ball.

Maybe he could transfer to Oklahoma and play with Victory and the other ORU recruit?  Just a thought.

Maybe he could transfer to Oklahoma and play with Victory and the other ORU recruit?  Just a thought.

I had to think about that minute:  thought you meant he should go play for the Sooners with some kid named Victory!

But, now I get it:  you're suggesting he move to Oklahoma and attend school at Victory Christian.

Yeah, can't imagine that would raise any eyebrows with the NCAA! :rofl:

I think he just needs to hit the books and start thinking about his college career.  It's a shame, but there's probably not much he can do about it at this point in the school year.

With the high school transfer rules in OK, he could not play at any private school unless he had previously attended that school for a year.