Today's Games

orumom

Texas and Texas Tech play today at 11:30 a.m. on ESPNU and Channel 2 in Tulsa. Texas could be our first round opponent.

A struggling Duke could also be our first round opponent. They started playing Miami today at 11 a.m. on ESPN2.

Houston vs. Memphis tips-off at 3:30 p.m. Anyone know if this game is on TV?

Ohio State, who got slapped by the NCAA today, just tipped off against Penn State on ESPN.

Illinois and Michigan State will play at 8:10 p.m. tonight on ESPN Full Court.

Villanova and Pitt play tonight at 8 p.m. on ESPN

They got three years probation for things that went on during the Jim O'Brien era. Interesting to note is that the probation won't affect anyone on this year's team, or the top rated recruiting class they have coming in.

It always used to frustrate me so much when the NCAA would punish a school for past wrong-doings, but all of the punishment would be taken out on players and coaches that weren't even around when the infractions happened. Kudos to the NCAA for dropping the hammer on the school (repayment of nearly $1 million, elimination of a Final 4 appearance, etc.) without punishing those currently involved in the program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2362496

oh yeah i forgot about that with Ohio State...I've never understood that punishment either, but I guess it makes the school monitor their players and coaches much more closely. It really stinks for teams like Michigan who have to suffer for sins dating back to the Fab Five era.

It's also interesting that they punished the former coaches individually, including their current/future schools:

The NCAA came down hard on O'Brien and former assistant coach Paul Biancardi, now the head coach at Wright State. If O'Brien gets a job at another college in the next five years, he and his new school must appear before the NCAA's infractions committee to discuss whether he will face additional limitations.

Biancardi was prohibited from recruiting until Oct. 1, 2007. If he does, Wright State could face NCAA sanctions.

wow, that sucks...i have never heard of an ncaa violation handled like that before.

They even have to take down the banners for there NCAA appearances including their Final Four appearance.