UPDATE ON RECRUITING

ORU GRAD

Winning the MidCon and going to the dance ought to enhance our recruiting of another big man and a LO type. What say you? 8) Any one know any tidbit ?

We are in on quite a few players, but this coaching staff has always kept things very close to the vest. As we have seen, they are pretty good evaluators of talent. I expect that the trip to the NCAA (and the fact that Green and Tutt will be back next year) will open some doors this Spring.

The amount of press coverage for the team and players (Green, Tutt and Owens) should help Corey Williams get in front of some players. Losing Michalec, Owens, Bluitt, Riouse (way under rated), Fowlkes and Meloy will be tough - not just from a talent standpoint, but also from a chemistry perspective.

From a practical matter, I have always thought that an NCAA bid would at least put us on the radar screen for Christian kids who did not know about us or had not considered ORU. We shall see.... Rest assured that Sutton and staff will use this NCAA tournament trip to their advantage.

You are so right. How I missed that thread I really can't explain except since Tuesday night I have been in a fog. Life is good when ORU wins is one of the poster's slogan. I agree fully. I wasn't really thinking of the spring signing but the 2 we have available for this year. I can't help but think how long it took for us this year to achieve the chemistry that most of us fans thought would be there right away. I think that if we can get someone of Larry's caliber we could get back to the dance again next year with what we will have returning and the 3 new recruits. 8)

We are in on quite a few players, but this coaching staff has always kept things very close to the vest. As we have seen, they are pretty good evaluators of talent. I expect that the trip to the NCAA (and the fact that Green and Tutt will be back next year) will open some doors this Spring.

The amount of press coverage for the team and players (Green, Tutt and Owens) should help Corey Williams get in front of some players. Losing Michalec, Owens, Bluitt, Riouse (way under rated), Fowlkes and Meloy will be tough - not just from a talent standpoint, but also from a chemistry perspective.

From a practical matter, I have always thought that an NCAA bid would at least put us on the radar screen for Christian kids who did not know about us or had not considered ORU. We shall see.... Rest assured that Sutton and staff will use this NCAA tournament trip to their advantage.

I bet our coaches have held off on the last 2 slots until the Spring by intention! They were banking on us making the NCAA Tourney and winning there before selecting those last 2 slots! Just a guess...but given the recruiting class we gained in the Fall, this is exactly what I'd do if I were Scott Sutton! I wouldn't be surprised if we get a talent or two that makes us go, Wow! We got THAT GUY!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a talent or two that makes us go, Wow! We got THAT GUY

Hopefully they are wows guys like Ken and Caleb

Don't forget that we also have three red-shirt players - one of which (Adam Liberty) was a starting point guard for Wichita State. (The coaches love this guy.)

Wow Really? I didnt know that...I was just wondering about the PG situation for next year...I guess he'll be the guy??

He and Darren Jordan (red-shirt freshman). Adam Liberty is supposed to be a very good passer and an excellent defender..... he is also a bit taller than JB at 6'2".

Did anybody else notice that when side to side, JB was a little shorter than Royce Parran of Chicago State? One of my boys pointed it out to me.

Speaking of short point guards, what ever happened to Drew Lavender from OU? He transferred out, and I haven't heard anything since. Maybe he's sitting out a year.

When he was recruited by OU he was a top ten recruit in the country - shows how you never know until a guy shows up how he will adapt to the D1 game.

Looks like Lavender transferred to Xavier, and as I suspected, sat out his transfer year.

Interesting Doc..... I guess JB is even shorter than we thought. It is amazing what he has been able to do in a sport that is predicated on size. Shows you how important speed is.

BTW, we haven't heard from Darrenj.... he said that he would be at the tournament and report in - or at least I think he said that.

Guest darrenjj

guys you will be pleasantly surprised with Liberty next year at the point and yes they still have 1 or 2 spots left for next year. Shawn King will really help on the defensive side and hopefully they will have at least one more big guy coming in. Great time in Tulsa this past week and very proud of the team and coaches!

Couldn't agree more about last weekend and the coaches, darrenj. I started on the court till they started turning out the lights. Couldn't stand to leave! I still worry that I didn't take in every bit of what I could Tuesday night - should have gotten my pic with Caleb, Ken and a few others - everybody else was!

Anyway it was a great, great time and glad you could come up and be a part of it, darrenj.