Texas Tech at ORU

theeagleman5

The 19th ranked Red Raiders visit JLJ tonight......ORU has seemed to play up to the competition in these mid week games and while the wins are impressive and improving our RPI, TheEagleman would sure like to see us win more of our weekend Southland games....I watched a few innings of TTU and OU last weekend and the Red Raiders look like they have some potent offensive firepower....they swept OU, I believe....so the ORU pitchers had better be on tonight or we will need a lot of runs....maybe even something like the 17 we scored on Sunday at Corpus Christi......should be another nice crowd.... :eagles:

Does anybody have ORU's current RPI rating and maybe also Texas Tech's and some of our other upcoming competitors?.....we should be moving up thanks to the wins over OU, OSU, etc..... :nerd:

Believe it or not Warren Nolan has us RPI-ranked at 75.  Given the losses we've had that really suprises me.

going to the 7th tied 1-1...ORU just blew a chance at a big inning.

i know there was already an out, but i wish they would have sac bunted w/healy, turned the line up over, and given Forcier an at bat w/a runner at second.  at bats w/RISP have been at a premium.

instead it's a another double play and we're headed to the 8th...Stout on for Giller who was fantastic tonight.

Tough loss in 12 last night to Texas Tech....4-1.....ORU wasted a great pitching performance by Kurt Giller against an excelling hitting Red Raider team......next up is Central Arkansas with whom we are tied for the 8th and final spot.....we gotta get at least 2 of 3 in Conway this weekend or ORU will be in danger of missing the Southland playoffs..... :sweat:

I went to the game last night.  It was a little bit chilly, but still a fun game.  It was HEARTBREAKING when Tyler Boss led off the eleventh inning with a double and was moved over to third by a beautiful little sac bunt by Matt Brandy, but two strike outs following that prevented him from crossing home.  What it DID do was increase the chirping from the TT dugout and handful of fans still there.  They got pretty loud, rambunctious and obnoxious as momentum shifted their way in the twelfth. 

In the bottom of the twelfth ORU had two on with two outs and a chance to tie it up when Hip Hip Jose strode to the plate and pointed at the far fence with his bat . . . I just add that part for effect . . . but just like the mighty Casey, mighty Trevino struck out.  It was a sad ending to an otherwise fun game.

Those listening to the game heard Geoff's frustration in the top of the twelfth over a call by the home plate umpire (I think) ruling that a tipped ball was foul when it was actually fair, and should have counted as an easy out by the leadoff TT batter.  Geoff argued that there was no way the ump could have seen from his position that the ball was foul.  Fulmar even came on the field to argue the call, but no change was made (i.e., that he might confer with an ump in a better position to see the ball).  Instead, a pitch or two later the player tripled with no outs, initiating the three run rally that ORU was unable to answer.

• Upvote 1