OSU at ORU

theeagleman5

I THINK, by appearances, that the fans were pretty close to 50-50, Eagleman.  There were  a few OSU fans on the first base side, but not many, and I think there were at least as many ORU fans on that side as there were OSU fans on the third base side.  Under the awning I think it was probably pretty evenly divided.  When we first arrived I wondered if we'd be able to find seats.  There were just a few empty seats here and there scattered among the fans.

I was great to read the fond memories that Rob Walton had of ORU in the Tulsa World article. He commented that one reason it was really tough to play ORU was that he was close to the coaching staff. His son also commented how it was weird coming back on the opposing team after essentially growing up around JL Johnson Stadium. By all accounts this was a totally different scenario than when Sonny Galloway returned to JL Johnson on the 3rd Base line with OU. 

Yeah, that got pretty ugly.  That was some of the kind of smack I was talking about.  For several years there was a group of students that were just plain mean with their smack and catcalls. I'm sure some will disagree, but I don't think all that is really necessary.  Doesn't accomplish much other thatn making us look bad.  And make Sonny G. mad.

I am told by some of my collegues in OKC that highlights of last nights' OSU-ORU game were shown on a Fox College Sports Channel....i checked to see if the game was on live but it wasn't....didn't catch any highlights either.....would have enjoyed watching that..... :nerd:

I agree with the earlier post that Terry is one of the great professors at ORU - a great person as well as a teacher.  He doesn't receive the recognition he would otherwise get due to the difficulty of the courses he teaches.  BTW, if memory serves me correctly, he was a member of the ORU baseball team that went to the College World Series.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Unruh is certainly one of the greatest teachers/people that I know. He was also a baseball player at ORU, but I believe he graduated the year before we went to the College World Series. If I remember correctly, he made a joke about that in class.

• Upvote 1

Unruh went to ORU in the era of TheEagleman....he may have even graduated the same year....1976?.....or maybe he was a year behind me.....I knew who he was but did not know him personally......TheEagleman also just missed our trip to the CWS.....those were the days....ORU was a national power in basketball and baseball...... :eagles: