Upset Watch

orustatboy

Everybody say a prayer for Wyoming! The Cowboys are only 12-17 on the year, but are holding a 10 point lead over second seeded Air Force with under eight minutes to play in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Tournament. Here's to this year's Oakland!

Here are a couple of teams that won tonight to keep an eye on through the rest of the week:

Wyoming (13-17) - Mountain West #7 seed, beat #2 Air Force, 57-55, to move on to the semifinal round.

Fordham (16-14) - Atlantic 10 #6 seed, beat #3 LaSalle tonight

(All four of the top seeds in the A-10 Tournament lost tonight, leaving the door wide open for the Rams.)

Hampton (14-15) - #6 seed in the MEAC tourney, advanced to the semis with a win over Bethune-Cookman tonight. #7 seed Norfolk State is also in the semifinal round.

Arkansas-Pine Bluff (12-15) - #7 seed in the SWAC Tournament, advances to the semis with a 64-54 win over Alabama A&M.

Here are a couple of teams that won tonight to keep an eye on through the rest of the week:

Wyoming (13-17) - Mountain West #7 seed, beat #2 Air Force, 57-55, to move on to the semifinal round.

Fordham (16-14) - Atlantic 10 #6 seed, beat #3 LaSalle tonight

(All four of the top seeds in the A-10 Tournament lost tonight, leaving the door wide open for the Rams.)

Hampton (14-15) - #6 seed in the MEAC tourney, advanced to the semis with a win over Bethune-Cookman tonight. #7 seed Hampton is also in the semifinal round.

Arkansas-Pine Bluff (12-15) - #7 seed in the SWAC Tournament, advances to the semis with a 64-54 win over Alabama A&M (who I believe was Oakland's opponent in last year's play-in game.)

Statboy, Florida A & M was Oakland's opponent last year.

I made the same mistake at an GEC pre-game dinner, ETG. The trivia question was, who did Oakland play in the NCAA tournament last year - I told my son to say Florida A&M and North Carolina. When he got it wrong it was a little embarrassing, since I'd said it with such confidence!

I made the same mistake at an GEC pre-game dinner, ETG. The trivia question was, who did Oakland play in the NCAA tournament last year - I told my son to say Florida A&M and North Carolina. When he got it wrong it was a little embarrassing, since I'd said it with such confidence!

You know what's funny! I answered the question correctly right after you at the same GEC dinner! I had just read the story that day is the reason it was way fresh in mind. :lol:

Hey, I count 5 conference championships that have the #1 seed playing a #6 or #7 seed on Saturday. How many of these can we expect to be upsets?

Here's a list of today's conference championships that will have a direct affect on our seeding. We really need a couple of these upsets to happen to guarantee we're not among the #16 seed candidates (based strictly on RPI).

All listed RPIs are as of Monday per the NCAA website (don't have epsn insider to get the daily updates).

America East Championship - 11:00 a.m. on ESPN2

#1 Albany (20-10) 128

#6 Vermont (13-16) 217

Big West - 11:00 p.m. on ESPN

#1 Pacific (23-7) 101

#3 Long Beach St. (18-11) 174

Mid-American - 6:00 p.m. ESPN2

#7 Toledo (20-10) 171

#1 Kent State (24-8) 61

Mid-Eastern - 6:30 p.m. on ESPN Classic

#1 Delaware State (20-12) 122

#6 Hampton (15-15) 304

Mountain West - 9:00 p.m. on ESPN

#7 Wyoming (14-17) 192

#1 San Diego State (23-8) 64

It won't happen, but ORU fans definately can't say it is impossible. All the things that had to happen for a conference championship two weeks ago happened. We would be without a doubt be a 14 seed if all the underdogs won those six games today!

Here is to the underdog the rest of the year!

I definitely will be watching. Gotta love Championship Week. Especially this year :D

Albany jumping all over the Catamounts early though...

Kent State won. :(

But Hampton upset Delaware State. They will be a play-in 16 for sure. :D

ESPN brackets had Delaware State a 15. That's one!!

Toledo came back and scared Kent State tonight. Too bad they couldn't get it done. We're running out of hope quickly.

Wyoming came so close to beating SDSU, can't we luck out in just one of the games.

Final: Pacfic 78, Long Beach State 70

Really thought LBSU had a chance the way they came out shooting the ball in the second half. Pacific's pretty good though, they never gave up the lead and always made a big play when it counted.