Mid-Con tourney observations, pics, and whatnot

MadAdder

First off, I'm really really glad I made the trip, I'd probably kick myself for years if I didn't after the way it turned out.

Caleb and Larry looked a LOT better than they were last year (which is saying something since they were pretty darn good then too). It was also great to see the old Tutt back.

It was disappointing to see the women lose in the first round, but nevertheless it was nice to see them play again (the 1-for-22 from 3-point land was beyond painful to watch). And at least they lost to the team that ended up winning the tourney. And of course, I was glad to see the Westerwinds get knocked out, but dang, 4 regular-season titles and 0 NCAA tourney appearances?!? And I thought the Buffalo Bills in the early 90's were bad...

Our guys were definitely hungry when they played, they had the eye of the tiger for sure. They played much better than I thought they would in the last 2 games. Dan Oppland has got to be the hardest working player I've ever seen. If I had the money I'd hire scientists to figure out how the heck that shot of his goes in with such consistency. It may be ugly, but he gets it to work, and that's what counts. On that note, I'm glad we won't hafta see him twice a year anymore.

Did anyone else see Rawle Marshall at the Oakland / IUPUI game? I remember seeing him at tourney games before when he wasn't playing, he'd have on the typical sweatpants and sweatshirt. Not the case on Saturday, he was all GQ'd up and his outfit probably cost more than my plane ticket. I saw Deji Akindele at Chicago State's 2nd game also, not quite as flashy as Rawle though.

It was good seeing TMH, MabeeJ, maniacprez, Dr. C., and some of the others again, it was also cool to meet ORUBlue82 and Huge (after the game last night) for the first time. I stopped by Bennigans after the Chicago State / IUPUI game to grab a beer before heading to bed, and saw Dan Oppland, Jim Hooper, and some of the other Valpo'ites doing the same. I felt bad for them. Of course it was great to get to see a lot of my friends and professors again.

Alright, pictures. All I got was after the championship game (and my batteries crapped out when I was getting a pic with Caleb), but here we go -

100_0693.jpg

100_0696.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0698.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0708.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

100_0712.jpg

100_0713.jpg

Nice pics, but somebody needs to buy MadAdder an ORU shirt.

Dan Oppland has got to be the hardest working player I've ever seen. If I had the money I'd hire scientists to figure out how the heck that shot of his goes in with such consistency. It may be ugly, but he gets it to work, and that's what counts.

How very very true.

Nice pics, but somebody needs to buy MadAdder an ORU shirt.

And a haircut & shave..... :wink:

Those are great pics.... was that you I saw sitting up with Mickey during the IUPUI-CSU game? My son's girl friend came up to get Mickey's autograph on t-shirts she and my younger son created.

MadAdder, I am so glad you made the trip from LA. Sorry I didn't get to meet you but I can tell from your pictures you had a great time!!!

See you at the NCAA Tournament?

Haircut and shave? Na, that's the joy of not having to worry about dress code anymore! I doubt I'll be able to make it to any NCAA tourney games this year, work's starting to get busy. I'm definitely planning on getting back to Tulsa for the Mid-Con tourney in '07 though. Yeah, that was me sitting with Mickey, I remember her coming up and asking him to sign a couple t-shirts. It looked like they spent a lot of time on them, I especially liked the one that she was trying to get all the players' signatures on.