Ken Tutt

ORUTerry

Here is an interesting thought. Before he was hurt, Ken was having a sub-par shooting year. Very uncharacteristic for Ken. If my memory is correct, he was shooting under 35% from behind the 3-point line - and something like 20% from inside the arc. My question is: do you think that Ken's foot was bothering him before he broke it? I know he had a similar injury in high school. Maybe he had a very small stress fracture before it got worse. Something that could have altered his shot/mechanics. What do you think?

Nevertheless, I'm glad the 'old' Ken Tutt showed up.

Well whatever was his problem before, he has really come around as a complete player. His first couple years he just shot 3 pointers, very well, which was nice. Now the guy drives, has a sweet jump shot, and can still rain in from 3 point land. The guy has made himself a huge threat now and can create his own shot, its such a wonderful thing. Gotta give the credit to Tutt and the coaches, shows they are doing great things with our boys.

That's a good point, I always figured it was probably a mental thing.

Whatever it was, it definitely looks like a thing of the past now.

Heres what i think... Ken Tutt was having a poor shooting year. He would try to alter his shot, or think about it to much when he would shoot. Then 6 weeks off, fresh new start. Instincts kick back in, and he is able to be Ken.

I have no insider information on which to base this, but I just think that Ken was "playing hurt" early in the season, but not impacted enough to sit out until the bone finally broke under the stress. What a blessing in disguise! Whatever it was - I'm sure glad he's back! We would not have "punched the ticket" without him.

oruvoice, you deserve some serious props for predicting Ken to be the Tourney MVP - that was a prophetic call!

By the way, EagleFanatic, you need to seriously consider whether you want to be seen on National TV in a WIU cap! :lol:

I think some major credit has to be given to strength and conditioning coach Jonathan Conneely, trainer Glenn Smith, and everyone else involved with Ken's rehab that he was able to return so quickly and effectively. Starters at Valpo and TU suffered similar injuries and never played again, or at least not effectively. I mean, think of it - THE GUY HAD A STEEL ROD INSERTED IN HIS FOOT! Despite the potential for him to lose all his conditioning, strength, etc., Ken literally came back better than before! Props to the training staff!!

I think KT's problems were more of the mental variety. He showed flashed of his past brilliance in the OU game. He had consistency problems. I think 6 weeks off for reflection did him a world of good and erased whatever metal hiccups he had developed.