Montana vs. Northern Arizona

orumom

I think it might be better for us to have NAU make the tournament. Montana is the better team for sure. I just think Montana making the tournament would allow the NCAA to move us to a 16 easily. NAU could probably be fit into the 16 seed better than us. It is an interesting situation with this game. It just tipped off a little bit ago. NAU is 18-11, but has three non-d1 wins. That would mean that NAU would go to the tournament with only 16 wins against D1 teams with a home loss to Tulsa!

ORU is much better than NAU if you lay it all out in front of you.

Mom - While I fully agree with you, the RPI says otherwise... and I'm afraid it has more weight with the committee than our sentiments. Thru Monday night's game, our RPI is 131 and NAU is 118. Our Tuesday win over #222 CSU will likely LOWER our RPI, while an NAU win over #71 Montana would improve its position.

As much as I hate to say it, unless the NCAA takes into effect Ken Tutt's injury, I'm confident the Big Sky winner (Montana or NAU) will be placed above ORU in the seeding. We will be a 15, at best, and 16 is a distinct possibility. And, frankly, I don't believe the NCAA will give consideration for Ken's injury, as I don't think they care that much about the lower seeds (the likely "one and dones"). Welcome to the Big Dance!

Just watching Monmouth win tonight showed me how much better we are than them (and we proved it in Alaska), but membership in the Mid-Con in an RPI killer - win or lose!

I guess I need more than 2 hours sleep, thank you for correcting me. Sure felt sorry for Louisville the first half tonight, but great coaching almost turned it around.