Cigar Boy to visit Oral Roberts

TD

From the Butler message board:

http://p214.ezboard.com/fbuhoopsfrm1.sh ... 8536.topic

I am proud to present my 2005-06 Arena Tour.

If any Butler fans are in the area of my tour this season, drop by the game. I would love to see some Bulldog fans out on the road.

ARENA TOUR 2005-06

This leg of the Arena Tour covers 49 arenas in 18 different conferences.

November

Nov 15 Alabama

Nov 18 Georgia Tech

Nov 19 Belmont

Nov 21 Colorado State

Nov 22 Wyoming

Nov 23 Air Force

Nov 25 Iowa State

Nov 26 Creighton

Nov 28 Minnesota

Nov 29 Oral Roberts

Nov 30 Wichita State

December

Dec 1 N. Colorado

Dec 3 Denver

Dec 3 Colorado

Dec 5 Utah State

Dec 6 Cal-Berkeley

Dec 13 Oregon

Dec 14 Oregon State

Dec 16 Washington

Dec 17 Washington State

Dec 17 Gonzaga

Dec 19 Stanford

Dec 20 Sacramento State

Dec 21 Nevada

Dec 22 Santa Clara

Dec 23 Fresno State

Dec 27 Texas El Paso

Dec 28 New Mexico

Dec 29 New Mexico State

Dec 31 Texas A & M

January

Jan 1 Texas Tech

Jan 3 Texas Christian

Jan 4 Southern Methodist

Jan 5 Texas-Arlington

Jan 7 North Texas

Jan 10 Oklahoma

Jan 18 UNLV

Jan 19 Arizona

Jan 21 Arizona State

February

Feb 1 Baylor

Feb 2 Texas San Antonio

Feb 14 Florida International

Feb 16 Miami (FL)

Feb 18 Florida Atlantic

Feb 20 Liberty

Feb 25 Rhode Island

Feb 26 Connecticut

Cigar Boy is a guy from Ohio that does a tour of schools every year and then rates the atmosphere and entertainment value of each location and posts them to his website and on many Horizon League websites. He will be visiting ORU on Nov.29 Tues after Thanksgiving.

He picked a very poor game to attend.... the worst home game of the season - against St Gregory's. Hopefully we will be coming off a triumphant tour of Alaska.

Cigar Boy is a guy who posts a lot on Horizon League websites and as you can tell spends a lot of time enjoying college basketball games by going on almost 2 month road trips to different college venues. I think he can give an objective evaluation of your entertainment value as a basketball venue. At Valpo he loved the atmosphere and hated the food. That's what I seemed to remember about his visit 3 or 4 years ago. I believe he has his own website where he posts his observations of the different venues. I think he is originally a Wright State or Dayton fan.

Here are some samples of Cigarboys interviews on Collegehoopsnet.com

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/horizonl ... 083104.htm

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/horizonl ... 083104.htm

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Intervie ... eCrone.htm

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/Intervie ... unardi.htm

I'm not sure where they post the stories on his Arena Tours but they are somewhere on the website. His real name is Bill ?CigarBoy? Kintner.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a political consulting job last August that paid pretty good money. I just saved it up and lived on the other money I made.

I am pretty good at keeping expenses down. For instance, when I went to the Miami/Alabama Preseason NIT game in Tuscaloosa, I did a game write up for the Cincy Enquirer and that covered the cost of that trip.

news.cincinnati.com/apps/...5/1063/SPT

I will do that a bunch more times this year too.

The last three Saturdays, I umpired 3 games of indoor baseball. Those games pay $35 each and take 80 minutes. All that money ($315) goes into the travel fund.

In Colorado and Nebraska I have friends to stay with. I am not sure about Thanksgiving, maybe I can sponge a Thanksgiving dinner off of Barry Collier. Although he may not appreciate me smoking cigars in his easy chair. Well maybe my GF's family in Omaha will take me in if Barry balks. If nobody tips Barry off as to how much I eat, I think I might be able to swing it. If I get that to happen, I promise to take pics of that one.

I saved up my FF miles and Hilton Honor Points to help cover the costs. I stay at Hamptin Inns. I get up at 8 am, go down stairs to the lobby and eat a huge free breakfast. Then I go back to bed. Get up at noon, work out, then do a late check out around two pm. I drive to the next arena, which might be two hours away. I get there, then I scarf down a free meal in the media room. I usually offer to do an half-time interview on the hometeam's radio network, so I feel like I earn my keep. And that covers my food for the day. Two meals and maybe a protein bar or shake in between. Total cost....a dollar for the shake/bar.

I do that almost every day.

I am the master of squeezing my money to make it stretch.

Heck cigars will probably my biggest expense.