False prophets or Men of God?

oruvoice

Cletus...Do you believe that we shouldn't call out (by name) those that teach major heresies in Universalism, Catholicism, and Word Faith?

I think MacArthur takes comments by people out of context and then reinterprets them for us because we really don't know what they are saying. He reminds me of the pundits we see on cable television (from both sides). 

Even the first church in Acts left different kinds of churches behind for us--hence, the unity and diversity in the New Testament. There was Paul, the Matthean community, the Johnannine community, the Jerusalem, Ephesus, Antioch churches and others that the apostles left behind.  Each was different in its own way with Christ at the center.

I am not a fundamentalist and I am not a leftist, Marxist, Leninist liberal either. Both groups have the same attitude, just different beliefs 

I like what Dr. Buskirk wanted us students to be at ORU,

"To read the Bible in both a devotional and scholarly manner"

he used to say.

We can agree on that..."To read the Bible in both a devotional and scholarly manner"!

As far as the other, we'll just have to agree to disagree. There is a difference in being a different type of church, as opposed to an entity that calls itself a church, while espousing and teaching destructive heresies.

We can agree on that..."To read the Bible in both a devotional and scholarly manner"!

As far as the other, we'll just have to agree to disagree. There is a difference in being a different type of church, as opposed to an entity that calls itself a church, while espousing and teaching destructive heresies.

I agree with you oruvoice.

I know we have more in common than we have separating us-with Christ at the center holding all things together!!

"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body.

He was supreme in the beginning and—leading the resurrection—he is supreme in the end. From beginning to end he’s there, towering far above everything, everyone. So spacious is he, so roomy, that everything of God finds its proper place in him without crowding. Not only that, but all the broken and dislocated pieces of the universe—people and things, animals and atoms—get properly fixed and fit together in vibrant harmonies, all because of his death, his blood that poured down from the cross."

Colossians 1:16-20 Message

• 2 weeks later...
Even though we as Christians may be pressed on all sides by culture truth is still more important than complete unity.

Albert Mohler gave a good speech at BYU a few days ago that touched on this. ( I know that this isn't what you were driving at in your post TMH but I though Mohler's speech was worth sharing)

I didn't get around to reading this until today, and I'm really glad I came back to it. Apart from too many commas and too many qualifiers, it is a superb speech. You have to admire Mohler for having the courage to speak his heart and mind in an environment where many of his views will likely be rejected.  I've recognized many of the points he made but not been able to state them as articulately or back them up with research.

Thanks for posting this, Dr. C.