Why ORU should be ROOTING for a #16 seed...

ashVID

Here is my take... ORU is not going to win this tournament and certainly has NO chance of doing so without beating a #1 seed. I would LOVE to see ORU at the #16 seed. Why? They have a chance to MAKE HISTORY and do something no team has ever done EVER.

If ORU has a 10% chance of winning a game as a 14 and a 0.01% chance to make history... I would take a chance at history. #14 beating a #3 gives you 2 days of press. #16 beating a #1 gives you a LIFETIME of press... heck maybe even a Disney movie.

Think big...expect a miracle...

ash =o)

I have thought about this and I am close to coming to your conclusion Ash.... A win by a 16 seed would send shock waves through the tournament. A long shot? Of course. But, if ORU brings its "A" game along with a good shooting effort and the opponent overlooks us, it could happen. It would all depend on the particular match-up.

Guest Mount Baldy

Oakland, we are not, you *&^! dirty ape! A #16 seed would identify us with horrible teams with losing records from awful conferences. Talk about a lack of respect! I'd rather be a #14 with a chance to win 2 games than gamble on an embarrassing #16 and get boatraced in the first game.

I don't know. Valpo still gets press for their Sweet 16 run. I think I take the lower seed and a better chance of winning. Now that I say that, I hear Dennis Hopper in my head shouting "No school this small has ever . . ."

Good point. That is the reason I would hesitate about wanting a 16 seed - the lack of respect it would bring to ORU and the Mid-Con. That said, it would be sweet to be the first team to bring down a #1.

I think the discussion is academic for that very reason. The selection committee will not allow a team as balanced and talented as ORU to have a chance to play a #1. They will look at the fact that Tutt was out for 10 games with an injury.

I understand the thing about making history, but some of these #16's have been pretty horrible, I would hate to be associated with those types of teams. The committee will recognize Tutt's absence and the type of teams we have competed with (Oklahoma, Marquette, Minnesota, Utah St. etc). I think a 16 would be a slap in the face...A 14 would not surprise me at all

hate to repeat whats been said 5 or 6 times on other threads but a 15# against the Zags would be an awsome match up, and though it would by far be the toughest game all year and then some, ORU is playing good enough right now to make it interesting. The Zags will not overlook us, the only reason some other mid to low majors got so close is because they have played year in and year out against the Zags and know how to play them....

I'm from washington and know Morrison through his ex-girlfriend, been to a couple parties with him, he's a great guy, but I think Caleb would catch him off-guard...with that said, I'm truly keeping my fingers crossed for that match up!

I will be really surprised if anyone on the committee gives us a second thought. We did not win the contests it would take to make anyone notice. If we had taken the Alaska Shootout, or beaten Montana, maybe. Everything in between was hampered by injuries, and I know we are better but we did not do anything to show it during the season.

I am looking at 16 and glad to be there.

Terry is right - there is no chance that we will be a 16 seed because it would not be fair. TO THE 1 SEED!

For the record, I think ORU will be a #14 or #15 at worst. The Gonzaga matchup is tougher than most think, they just find a way to win. I think ORU has just as good a chance as beating Villanova as Gonzaga.

ash =o)