Benefits.....

ORUTerry

Getting to the NCAA Tournament will have many benefits - including help with recruiting. We have two slots open; here are some players we are in on:

Caleb Patterson (7' 210 lbs)

Wale Ogunoye (Yemi's brother? He's from Cedar Hill, TX)

Dannero Thomas (6'5" 190lbs)

Nick Sidorakis (Local Jenks player)

Justin Robinson (6'3" guard - Edmond Memorial)

He is a 6'4", 170 lb shooting guard from Jenks High School, who has received offers from Oklahoma, Tulsa and ORU - and you are correct... he is a junior.

Is Patterson a high schooler or transfer, Terry?

He is a high school junior from Anes, OK (Ringwood, OK). I think all of the players I listed above (and some more I could list) are HS juniors.

One more to put on your radar screen...

Now, don't call me crazy when I mention this guy. He is a sophomore in high school. He is already 7 ft. tall and is in the top 100 NBA prospects out of high school. His name is Ralph Sampson. That's right, son of the legend. The only reason I bring him up is because I read in Sports Illustrated last year that he wants to be a preacher. Since he has to go to college per the new rules, why not go somewhere where he can combine his love for the Lord and desire to preach with a top notch basketball program? He is from Huntsville, AL and I really think we could end up on his short list with this in mind. This is the kind of kid we have to be after right now and not in a year, obviously. Spread the word to those in the know and make sure we are putting our name out there for him. I know ORU is different but in this case, different could be very good.

Good thinking MabeeJ.... Our ticket to the dance is going to open a lot of doors for Cory Williams. How many Christian kids who are quality D-1 players don't know anything about ORU. Thanks to the NCAA, ESPN and CBS - they will now.

We need to take advantage of this opportunity in every way possible; from recruiting, to Golden eagle Club membership, to fundraising, to ticket sales, etc.

Those guys have done an incredible job of recruiting, which I'm sure is a really tough sell sometimes. Corey's the man..

I've never understood why we don't advertise ORU in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes publication. The only schools I see promoting themselves are NAIA & D-2. It seems that with our D-1 program & intermurals that we would be very inviting.

Updated list of Possible Recruits

Chase Elliot - pg

Bristow, OK

6'2", 165 lbs

London Tatum - pg

San Antonio, TX

6'0", 165 lbs

Cade Davis - sg

Elk City, OK

6'5", 205 lbs

Nate Rakestraw - sg

Springdale, AR

6'4", 212 lbs

Cliff Tucker - sg

El Paso, TX

6'6", 195 lbs

Nick Sidorakis - sg

Jenks, OK

6'4", 170 lbs

Justin Robinson - sg

Edmond, OK

6'3", 175 ilbs

Wale Ogunoye - pf

Cedar Hill, TX

6'6", 215 lbs

Caleb Patterson - C

Anes, OK

7'0", 210 lbs

You gotta hope they play the height card again. You can never have enough of those 6'6 shooting guards.