1977 NIT -- Roberts' 65 pts

ORUalum

while watching sports this long weekend, i watched the game Old Titan posted awhile back again and put up an edited version of the scoring display put on by Ballard and Roberts.  it was amazing to watch how good the play was and all the scoring that occured without a 3pt line or shot clock.

TheEagleman graduated the year before this game was played....wished I could have been there to see it....While some may politely disagree....TheEagleman will argue that Anthony Roberts is the best ORU basketball player ever to put on the blue and white.....a truly amazing talent.....he could shoot, take the ball to the rack, rebound and was an above average ball handler....also not a bad passer.....for sure the most exciting player although Richard Fuqua could also bring the Mabee Center crowd to it's feet.....but if I had to choose between the two.....Woosie is the man....he also had a decent pro career with the Denver Nuggets...... :nerd:

Great stuff, Alum. Never ceased to be amazed at how much better the shooting was in that era.

I know the defense was not as strong then, but DANG them boys could flat out SHOOT!!