JUCO GUARD

ORU GRAD

The week is about over and I was just thinking we have not heard anything about this Juco Guard that was suppose to sign this week. Have I missed something? :roll:

Not sure why we have not heard anything. I thought it was a done deal according to my sources. It may have to do with paperwork. If the recruit is under 21, you have to also get his parent's signatures - which with a foreign recruit can take a while longer.

Well, we did't hear a thing about this recruit and the signing period is up. So I guess we still have two scholarships to give and maybe two more big men! :roll:

Guys the Juco Guard has signed and will eventually be announced. There has been a few cases where the guy has signed and not been announced until the spring. One recently at ORU. The kid is playing pretty well averaging around 15 pts a game. I am not sure the reasoning behind it not being announced yet. Good Luck tonight i will be watching down here in Dallas

Sounds like they could use the shooter. How is Vealy doing? I knew that they would redshirt Jordan does not seem he is ready for that level. They are very happy with the kid from Dallas he should turn out to be a good player for them. Hope Bruitt can hold up. Looking forward to tonight.

I started to post this yesterday but got sidetracked, and I don't THINK I ever finished. Please forgive it you find that I've posted this elsewhere.

At the Golden Eagle Club dinner on Saturday night Cory Williams was asked if there would be any other recruiting announcements. His reply was, "Uhhhhhhh, I don't THINK there will be . . ." I was with ORUTerry at the time, and I told him that at this point, a week or two after the early signing period is over, saying that is as good as saying we've signed someone else - they're just withholding the announcement for the time being. Any announcements at this point, unless a player signed during the early signing period, would only be verbal commitments, and I don't think that they will be doing any of that.

So there's my logic in why I believe they've already signed another player. It just confirmed to me what darrenj has been telling us.

At the Golden Eagle Club dinner on Saturday night Cory Williams was asked if there would be any other recruiting announcements. His reply was, "Uhhhhhhh, I don't THINK there will be . . ." I was with ORUTerry at the time, and I told him that at this point, a week or two after the early signing period is over, saying that is as good as saying we've signed someone else - they're just withholding the announcement for the time being.

TMH, I believe that there is some credibility with the assessment you and ORUTerry have concluded. There seems to be a signature in hand, but no urgency to "announce" the signing with three already being talked about in the press. Two signings next spring will provide the University with two opportunities to be in the press during the signing period in April.

BTW, I saw Shawn King after the game Saturday. He and his friend (it appeared to be a coach) were debating whether to say hello to Coach Sutton after the game to let him know that he was there. Although he is slender, he sure looks athletic.