SELA at ORU

ORUalum

a big series for ORU this weekend.  they need to win 2 of 3.

• Upvote 1

Very entertaining game last night, even though ORU scored all but one of their runs in the first, and I arrived at the top of the second. Saw some great plays, and the scariest moment I've ever seen at an ORU baseball game - pitcher Nathan Garza takes a line drive to the back of the head. He dropped like a rock, and lay motionless for probably two minutes before sitting up, very groggy, and being helped from the field. His parents were sitting near us, and as you can imagine were scared to death for their son. I think the location of the blow was actually a good thing - another location on the head may have been catastrophic. We're praying for his full and fast recovery.

The SELA dugout got pretty loud and obnoxious in the late going of the game, but to no avail. I'm embarrassed to admit, I responded in kind . . .  :oops:  

Nice to see the good guys finally get a win....Gonzalez has truly become the ace of this staff....he is THE man.....it's been a long time since ORU has lost 22 games before the middle of April.....doesn't look like we have much hope of even a .500 season....but I guess the key is to make the Southland playoffs and then anything can happen.....do only the top 4 teams make the conference playoffs?..... :nerd:

Tough 4-3 loss on Saturday but ORU rebounded today behind a huge pitching performance by Tim Zufall to take the series over SE La.,  9-1.....we are now 6-6 in the Southland....ORU is in 5th place so we need to pick up the pace in the next few weeks.....Go Blue!.... :clap: