ORU vs OU

ORUalum

Too bad!  I couldn't hang on till the end - went to bed after the 13th, I think it was.  Feeling the late night this AM!  I really felt ORU's back was against the wall, but in those late hours anything can happen.  Was sure hoping I'd get up this morning with this game in the win column for the Eagles.  Regardless, they have nothing to be ashamed of - in fact, I would think that last night's game might bring a little encouragement.  They went toe to toe with a top 25 team on their turf and gave them all they could handle.  Whether we used up all our pitching remains to be seen tonight.

I think they need to start the game at 5:30 tonight, just in case . . . :nerd:

Tough loss for the good guys, but they gave all they had to OU and OU gave ORU all that they had.  Our guys should be proud of their efforts.  They didn't seem to be holding their heads down after the game....they still seemed energized.  Colt's diving attempt in CF for the short fly ball that produced the game-winning hit was short by inches.  OU celebrated as though they had won a tournament game.  Regardless it was a great baseball game to watch.

Neither team wanted a game like this at this stage of the season.  We both start conference play this weekend - OU has TCU and we get UCA.  Both opponents are top-30 programs and we will be challenged to not be 5-19 at this time next week.

Our bullpen actually looked good in this game and glad to see them have some success.  In some games in the past, it looked like they were struggling, but all pitched well.  For tonight, I would still expect to see some of those guys come back out.  Giller, Smith and Tryon are the only ones that may not be available tonight.  It will be interesting to see who gets the start tonight.  Trujillo only worked 24 pitches last night, so he may be the one that gets the call.

I have to imagine that we're the best 5-14 team in America.

Headed to Dallas after the game last night to watch the CIT game in Arlington tonight, so we will only be able to watch tonight's matchup from afar.  Hopefully we'll have others that can post during the game to keep all of us apprised of how the guys do tonight in Norman.

TheEagleman lasted thru the 11th inning....tough loss.....when is Trevino expected back?..... :nerd:

OU scores in EVERY inning on the way to a 15-8 slugfest victory over ORU in tonight's 2nd game of the series......we drop to 5-15....ouch!.....well, at least the basketball team won...... :nerd: